Cycling route advice and ideas for Pembrokeshire

Initialised
Initialised Posts: 3,047
edited July 2013 in Road beginners
I'm of to Pembrokeshire for a week, naturally the bike's coming.

I've had a look for segments on Strava but was wondering if anyone had any good routes they use starting around Fishguard no more than maybe 50 miles, 60 if it's extra nice?

Also any roads that should be avoided?
I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    take a look at the Tour of Pembs sportive routes - they went from St Davids, which is not too far away. The gwaun valley and the Preselis are just up the road.
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    I just had a week in pembs and took the bike.From fishgaurd I,d head through st davids then onto solva and newgale which is all very hilly with no end of steep climbs.If you want the biggy then ride upto the top of the preselli mountains.
    From fish gaurd head towards cardigan then take a right towards haverfordwest,this road climbs the mountain.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • djm501
    djm501 Posts: 378
    Aye, I did the Tour of Pembrokeshire - a very challenging and beautiful route (I did the 100 mile one). I would definitely head for the Preseli's I managed a very exciting 56 mph on the descent from there :D
    As said above - look at their website for routes.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 6,918
    Lovely part of the world - don't forget to take your surf board too!