Can women wear chest-strap heart rate monitors?

pinkteapot
pinkteapot Posts: 367
edited July 2013 in Women's cycling forum
Where exactly do HRMs have to sit and how does it fit in relation to a bra?!

Comments

• suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    My HRM strap sits under my bra strap.

Can be a little uncomfortable off the bike but once on the bike it doesn't bother me.
  • SFT
    SFT Posts: 156
    (this will probably come up as my husband's post, so he will be really confused as to why he is commenting on bras ....) I too wear mine immediately under my bra, no problem.
  • I wear mine just under my bra. Pretty uncomfortable for running but don't notice it on the bike.
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    I bought my missus 2 of these
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=81638

the hrm strap fits directly under the chest band on the bra, she says there super comfortable, i wouldn't know about such things.

if it's worth anything, she definitely has sports boob's (little ones)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    big p wrote:
    if it's worth anything, she definitely has sports boob's (little ones)

This thread is useless without pics :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Pretty uncomfortable for running but don't notice it on the bike.
    I've had chafing from the HRM with some bras whilst running. I found switching to a Shock Absorber Run bra solved that problem and so I stick with that, even for cycling. I put on the HRM first, where a normal bra strap would go, then the run bra, usually just below the HRM (trying to retrospectively tuck the HRM under a bra is a PITA).
  • I wear a shock absorber but it's the cropped top style. I might have to try the run bra (for running obviously!) as I suspect it has a softer band than the cropped top style.
    To be honest the only reason I wear the heart rate monitor when out running is to get a more accurate estimate of calories burnt so I can gauge more accurately how large my piece of post run cake can be. :wink:
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Aren't there some sports bras with built in HRM transmitters?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • hjghg5
    hjghg5 Posts: 97
    There are also some with loops you thread the hrm strap through to keep is in position.