Make Sewerarez captain of Liverpool FC

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,320
edited July 2013 in The bottom bracket
It worked for Beckham (a la Engerland) didn't it?

Then he will stay - I'll bet you he would bite your arm off for the chance.

We do not want him in Norf Landon.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• i do. i would somewhat forgive mr wengers gross negligence and dereliction of duty if he managed to pull this one off, but would need a couple more on top for me to not want him to f off to psg.

sure hes scum, most players are, but when hes not biting or being racist hes pretty damn good.

arsenal wont stump up 50 boof for him though so dont worry
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,320
    i do. i would somewhat forgive mr wengers gross negligence and dereliction of duty if he managed to pull this one off, but would need a couple more on top for me to not want him to f off to psg.

sure hes scum, most players are, but when hes not biting or being racist hes pretty damn good.

arsenal wont stump up 50 boof for him though so dont worry

Gross negligence and dereliction of duty?

That bloody board is greedy. The Russian guy with no vote did a piece on it - wossisname? I think he should be chief exec. Wenger has lost a whole bucket load of stars because they wouldn't review the wage structure. I think he has done so well despite loosing key players. We are in CL again aren't we?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pina, i will deal with this on monday. you will come over to my side. its 1 min to 5 on a friday. i will elaborate then.

however he has had money. look at his signings int he last few years, park, gerv, chamakh, santos etc, look at the contract extensions/improvements he has given players in the last few years, djorrou, bendtner, ramsey.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    The animal should be sine die and never allowed to kick a ball on English soil ever again.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    pina, i will deal with this on monday. you will come over to my side. its 1 min to 5 on a friday. i will elaborate then.

however he has had money. look at his signings int he last few years, park, gerv, chamakh, santos etc, look at the contract extensions/improvements he has given players in the last few years, djorrou, bendtner, ramsey.

Since moving to the Emirates in 2006 Wenger has had (or spent) less money than David Moyes at Everton,(yet Moyes lack of Achievement during that time was good enough to make him Sir Alex's heir apparent).

Arsenal have achieved champions league status for over 15 consecutive seasons.

Whilst I agree that 8 trophy less seasons is a poor progression from the invincibles of 2003-04. To have built the 3 rd biggest capacity stadium in England and still be in profit is an achievement in itself.

I d love to see how Liverpool cope if they ever move across Stanley park and build a new Stadium.

The Circa 40/50 £Million for Suarez wouldn't even pay for a new Kop stand now a days.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Football thread ... Yawn
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Football thread ... Yawn

Shocker!! Bloke from Kernow uninterested in Football!!! Green Army, Green Army.. That should do it.
  • Mikey23 wrote:
    Football thread ... Yawn

why post if not interested in subject?
  • tim wand wrote:
    pina, i will deal with this on monday. you will come over to my side. its 1 min to 5 on a friday. i will elaborate then.

Since moving to the Emirates in 2006 Wenger has had (or spent) less money than David Moyes at Everton,(yet Moyes lack of Achievement during that time was good enough to make him Sir Alex's heir apparent).

Arsenal have achieved champions league status for over 15 consecutive seasons.

Whilst I agree that 8 trophy less seasons is a poor progression from the invincibles of 2003-04. To have built the 3 rd biggest capacity stadium in England and still be in profit is an achievement in itself.

I d love to see how Liverpool cope if they ever move across Stanley park and build a new Stadium.

The Circa 40/50 £Million for Suarez wouldn't even pay for a new Kop stand now a days.

a fine acheivement if thats your ambition i agree, but arsenal were built up as viable challneges to united by AW and he has reduced them to being challenges for 4th place. now lets just say he has been restricted in his spending. he probably ahs for some of that period. but the clubs accounts make interesting reading massive, and more than needed as security against loans and 'rainy day events' cash funds. the guy has had money to spend the last few seasons at least though, the board constantly state as much, its up to him how to spend it. likewise the money he has spent has been misspent. the wage spend is not far off uniteds, but look at what both have acheived. its massively above spurs, but its only been the last day of the season for a few years now that arsenal have been guaranteed to finish above them. its not value for money, clearly. looka t the signings made, park, chamak, gervinho, santos, shocking wastes of money. look at the contracts handed out to unproven and clearly not good enough players (when said players have been playing crap for a few years already)which thus makes them hard to move on to other clubs: bendtner, djorrou, denilson, ramsey

i dont just blame AW the board are complicit. they could force him to spend, they could remove him, but they are happy with 4th place and routine asset stripping. in reality they are running the club poorly. non football income is terrible, profit is only acheived through player sales (its all in the accounts if you dont believe me).
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Didn't say I'm not interested in footie now did I? I'm a QPR supporter which has put me off a bit. But in July?
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Didn't say I'm not interested in footie now did I? I'm a QPR supporter which has put me off a bit. But in July?

QPR fan/interested in football? Shurely a contradiction in terms?
  • Mikey23 wrote:

only a couple of weeks to go though, so plenty to discuss, and arsenal have signed no one bar the usual freebie, injury prone, franco african crock, despite the fabled 70m warchest, so whinging is entitled.

glad flooged my season ticket to a mate this year
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    glad flooged my season ticket to a mate this year

Some mate you are! :)
  • should have said flogged. when higuain looked like a done deal, and cesar and fellani were linked i was semi regretting it. now the usual BS has happened and the inevitable mad trolley dash on Aug 31st occurs im not regreting a thing.