Lets see your Scott CR1's

galatzo
galatzo Posts: 1,295
edited May 2018 in Your road bikes
So, what with all these Westbrook Scott CR1 bargains about (there's a 50 page thread on Commuting chat !) I thought we should get them all in one nice easy to view place so I'll start.

Scott CR1 SL Small
Deda Presa Carbon Bars
Deda Service Corse Stem
Deda Zero 100 Seatpost
Fizik Kurve Bull Saddle
Campagnolo Chorus Groupset (Athena Rear Mech)
Planet X CNC Brakes
Time RXS Carbon Pedals

6.9kg inc pedals

Couldn't resist the bargain even though I was very happy with my 2 month old Planet X N2A. Idea was that I'd just use the Scott for the Otztal Radmarathon at the end of August and go back to the N2A but the Scott handles really well and nothing like I would expect a "sportive" bike to.

20130722_134857.jpg

20130722_135043.jpg

20130722_135235.jpg

20130722_135403.jpg

20130722_135451.jpg

20130722_135526.jpg

20130722_135552.jpg
25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Here you are then

Scott CR1 'Pro' frame, 52cm
    Most components taken from my Trek Madone 2.1
    105 groupset apart from Ultegra front mech.
    'Ultra heavy' wheels ;)
    Weight approx 9kg with pedals.
    9107650742_671d4e112a_b.jpg
  • itsnotarace
    itsnotarace Posts: 518
    Already posted in the main thread in commuting chat, will get some better photos soon. It's a harsher ride than the CAAD10 it replaced :?

a97n.jpg

6ox6.jpg

6.25Kg with the 303's
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    I don't like the sound of the word 'replaced' with the CAAD10. Lovely though the Scott is, that 10 was one of the nicest bikes I've ever seen.
    FCN 3 / 4
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    @ markhewitt1978 - At least you know it's the wheels now, make that your first proper upgrade and go from there mate.
    @ itsnotarace - love your build and it made me wonder about the size I bought, but then I bought it as a bike to use in a sportive (but not a sportive bike !) so now I seem to have it about right I think and it is the right size for it's purpose.

Keep 'em coming !
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • itsnotarace
    itsnotarace Posts: 518
    Cheers G, I think you got the size right on yours. The XS has a much shorter headtube (116mm vs 136mm on yours) so to keep your bar height you would need an extra 20mm of spacers under the stem. I only run a 5mm on top of the WCS cap, will probably get rid of that too at some point. Don't sweat it about the size, ride the shit out of it and enjoy mate
    I don't like the sound of the word 'replaced' with the CAAD10. Lovely though the Scott is, that 10 was one of the nicest bikes I've ever seen.

Thanks dude! I have kept the '10, will probably build it up again in the future with something other than Shimano. As much as I enjoyed the '10 it doesn't thrill me as much as my 9 does, so kept that one for daily rides and the Scott for fine weather Sunday best
  • markhewitt1978
    Galatzo wrote:
    @ markhewitt1978 - At least you know it's the wheels now, make that your first proper upgrade and go from there mate.

Would love to but finances dictate no more upgrades this year :(
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228

Thanks dude! I have kept the '10, will probably build it up again in the future with something other than Shimano. As much as I enjoyed the '10 it doesn't thrill me as much as my 9 does, so kept that one for daily rides and the Scott for fine weather Sunday best

You're forgiven then! Interesting about the 9 and 10. Will keep an eye out for the Scott and the 9 on the roads of Oxfordshire when I venture out that way, although you'll probably be a blur off in the distance!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • colm_gti
    colm_gti Posts: 173
    null_zpsc09ad36c.jpg

In its current guise...

Shimano 105 shifters and mechs
    PX forged brakes
    Power2max rotor 3d with Q-rings
    3T Pro cockpit
    FSA SLK seatpost
    Fizik Antares Braided carbon Saddle
    Mavic Aksium wheels

I have a set of handbuilt alu tubular wheels I use for racing that aren't pictured, though I am looking at picking up a set of lightweight clinchers (possibly stans alpha ztr 340's on novatec hubs).

I am also toying with the idea of switching my shifters and mechs to SRAM Force, pending the sale of my CX bike...
  • Koncordski
    Koncordski Posts: 1,009
    scott.JPG

Ultegra 6700 (compact)
    3T Black Series Seatpost and Stem
    3T Ergonova Pro Bars
    Fulcrum Racing 3's
    Rubino Pro Slicks
    Ultegra Carbon SPD-SL Pedals
    Garmin 810

#1 Brompton S2L Raw Lacquer, Leather Mudflaps
    #2 Boeris Italia race steel
    #3 Scott CR1 SL
    #4 Trek 1.1 commuter
    #5 Peugeot Grand Tourer (Tandem)
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Here's mine:
    CR1SL3_zps0a8a5202.jpg

7.3 kg with pedals (as weighed by the shop)
    54cm frame
    SRAM Force compact groupset
    FSA k-wing bars (42cm)
    FSA OS-115 stem (110mm)
    No-name "Chinese" carbon seat post
    Spesh Toupe saddle (now changed to all black version!)
    Pro-lite Bracciano wheels
    Conti Grand Prix 24mm tyres
    Elite "stealth" bottle cages x 2
    Look Keo Sprint pedals
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • duckson
    duckson Posts: 961
    P1100992.jpg

P1100994.jpg

P1100993.jpg

Spec;
    Scott CR1 SL frame, size small (52)
    Dura Ace 9000 groupset (50-34, 172.5mm cranks, 12-28 cassette)
    Dura Ace 9000 C24 wheelset
    Continental GP Force/Attack tyres
    Continental Race light tubes
    Pro PLT compact bars 42cm
    Pro PLT seat post, 20mm setback
    Ritchey Comp 110mm stem (change to Pro LT/PLT once fund allow)
    Fizik Arione
    Zipp Service Course bartape
    Shimano 105 SPD-SL pedals
    Elite Custom race bottle cages, matt black
    Matt carbon fibre headset spacer, 15mm
    Ritchey WCS headset
    Garmin Out Front mount
    Cheers, Stu
  • boblo
    boblo Posts: 360
    Apparently you should have minimum 5mm spacer under that stem, it's in the commuter thread lifted from the Scott website.

Nice build.
  • bobones
    bobones Posts: 1,215
    edited September 2013
    yclq.jpg

Build:
    Frame: Scott CR1 Pro 2012 Medium 54cm w/threaded BB
    Wheels: Dura Ace C24 7900
    Skewers: One23 Ti
    FD and RD: SRAM Rival
    Shifters: SRAM Rival
    Cassette: Shimano 105 (5700) 11-25
    Chainset: FSA SLK Light (carbon cranks) with Praxis Works 50x34 rings and One23 alu bolts
    BB: FSA MegaExo (BSA)
    Chain: Shimano CN-5701
    Pedals: Look Keo Blade (Steel axle)
    Bars: Zipp Service Course Short Shallow
    Stem: Zipp Service Course
    Seatpost: Zipp Service Course
    Saddle: Selle Italia SLR TT (Red)
    Cages: Elite Custom Race
    Brakes: SRAM Rival
    Tyres: Michelin Pro 3 Race Service Course
    Tubes: Michelin Latex
    Bar tape: B'twin black with red holes

Weight: 15.9lbs
  • Bozman
    Bozman Posts: 2,518
    edited July 2013
    I purchased the frame to build a decent winter/wet bike when I ditched my Izalco, the wheels will be swapped for some Fulcrum 7s when the salt goes down on the roads. To be honest, it may be a little too good to use as a winter bike but I wanted something that still felt good rather than using an old hack.
    9362670833_46ecf49ca1_c.jpg

Frame: Scott CR1 Pro
    Bars: 3T Team Ergosum
    Stem: 3T Team
    Headset: Ritchey
    Bar Tape: Fizik
    Front Caliper: Ultegra 6700
    Rear Caliper: Ultegra 6700
    Shifters: Ultegra 6700
    Cables: Jagwire race
    Front Mech: Ultegra 6700
    Rear Mech: Ultegra 6700

Seat: Selle Italia SLR flow
    Seat Post: 3T Dorico Team
    Chainset: Sram Red/Black
    Chain: KMC X10EL
    Cassette: Ultegra 6700 12/25
    Pedals: Look keo classic
    Bottom Bracket: Sram GXP pressfit

Front Wheel: Shimano RS80
    Tyre: Michelin Pro3

Back Wheel: Shimano RS80
    Tyre: Michelin Pro 3
  • markhewitt1978
    bobones wrote:
    Sadly missed out on SL, but picked up a Pro yesterday and built it up last night using parts from my Felt F85 (alu).

Very nice! What's the weight?
  • chris@68
    chris@68 Posts: 22
    here you go...
    9320582640_46615e91a8_b.jpg

1st road bike in a long time..
    New bits - F+F, cabes, pedals (a big clue as to what i've ridden in the interim period ;) , bottle cage, bar tape.
    Everything else is 2nd hand, from my mates old Cube.
    Weight - unable to pin anything truly accurate so, going with the heaviest of the range i've measured - 18lb / 8kg
    Love it.

Oh, re: colour, I actually missed the SL but would still have gone for the Pro....
    Oh 2, sorry - I know for future. Portraits of ones bicycle should feature the gears in small cog / large chainring.
    Scott Cr1 Pro
    Cove Handjob
  • bobones
    a97n.jpg
    Your bike looks stunning in that photo. What size is the frame? Small bikes always seem to look faster and prettier.
  • bobones
    edited July 2013
    Bozman wrote:
    Great photo. Love the way the bars are lined up perfectly and the saddle is totally flat. Would you mind telling me how you staged that photo, e.g. distance, angle, lenses, camera etc? It would be an obsessive's perfect photo if the right crank was forward but in line with the chain stay or horizontal and the valve stems were at 6 or 12 o'clock (depending on tyre graphics)
  • bobones
    chris@68 wrote:
    9320582640_46615e91a8_b.jpg
    Another great bike photo, but yeah, your chain looks in pain. :)
  • bobones
    bobones wrote:
    Sadly missed out on the SL, but picked up a Pro yesterday and built it up last night using parts from my Felt F85 (alu).

Very nice! What's the weight?
    Bang on 17lbs with the heavy Dura Ace skewers and that saddle and seatpost. I could easily get it sub 16lb with a lighter saddle, seatpost and bars. I already have titaninum skewers and a 165g Selle Italia SLR saddle, but the saddle color is wrong for this bike and I prefer the security of the DA skewers. The current seatpost and bars are each around 350g so there's a lot that can saved there.

This guy's 12.84lbs CR1 Pro shows what can be done with this frame!
  • Bozman
    bobones wrote:
    Bozman wrote:
    Great photo. Love the way the bars are lined up perfectly and the saddle is totally flat. Would you mind telling me how you staged that photo, e.g. distance, angle, lenses, camera etc? It would be an obsessive's perfect photo if the right crank was forward but in line with the chain stay or horizontal and the valve stems were at 6 or 12 o'clock (depending on tyre graphics)

Are you taking the pi**, the photo is out of focus. Canon 40D with a 24/70mm f2.8 lens.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Bozman wrote:
    bobones wrote:
    Bozman wrote:

Are you taking the pi**, the photo is out of focus. Canon 40D with a 24/70mm f2.8 lens.

And the chain should be on the smallest sprocket. Pathetic effort, I mean, really...
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Bozman
    drlodge wrote:
    Bozman wrote:
    bobones wrote:
    Bozman wrote:

And the chain should be on the smallest sprocket. Pathetic effort, I mean, really...

Sorry, I try to abide by the rules but due to circumstances beyond my control I couldn't take the picture in front of the garage doors, and well... it all went down hill from there, I forgot about the valves and I'm just grateful that there was no loud brand print on the tyre.
    Plus thank god that the shifters are level or all hell would break loose. :wink:
  • Origamist
    Origamist Posts: 807
    9379331292_96c0528bb1_z.jpg

XL Scott CR1 SL Frame
    Shimano Ultegra and 105 transmission
    Deda Zero 100 stem and seatpost
    Zipp Service Course SL bars
    Specialized Toupe saddle
    H Plus Son rims, Novatec hubs, CX-Ray spokes
    Michelin Pro 4 SC tyres
  • Bozman
    Origamist wrote:
    9379331292_96c0528bb1_z.jpg

XL Scott CR1 SL Frame
    Shimano Ultegra and 105 transmission
    Deda Zero 100 stem and seatpost
    Zipp Service Course SL bars
    Specialized Toupe saddle
    H Plus Son rims, Novatec hubs, CX-Ray spokes
    Michelin Pro 4 SC tyres

You're not 5'6".
  • J273
    J273 Posts: 382
    Im thinking of going for a pro missing out on the CR1.

What size frame are you guys going for at 5.11 - 6ft?

Thanks
  • koulis1984
    koulis1984 Posts: 61
    9384473363_f423ae8dbd_z.jpg
    2013-07-28 19.23.52 by Koulis1984, on Flickr
    Here is mine

CR1 Pro SIze 54 with all the bits from my winter bike (hence the white tyres)

Sram Rival 170mm 53/39
    Campag Veloce 10 speed Shifters
    Veloce cassette 13-26
    Veloce Brakes
    Veloce Rear Mech
    Record Front Mech
    Campagnolo Khamsin CX Wheels
    Vittoria Rubino Pro 3
    Garmin 705 computer and Cadence sensor
    Shimano SL540 Pedals
    Planet X CNC 120 mm stem
    Planet X 31.6 Carbon Seatpost
    Specialized Phat Ger Bartape 4.5mm

The build came up at 8.4kg/18.51lbs with all the above which is ok for now.
    Probably looking at Zonda wheels and an Athena Groupset to drop down to <=17lbs

Tracks wonderfully but its a very harsh ride and very different from the 2010 Cr1 I had owned in the past.
    insist/persist
  • AlanW
    AlanW Posts: 291
    Okay, here is mine

uzeh.jpg
    "You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
  • W12_Lad
    W12_Lad Posts: 184
    I was holding off putting a pic on here because I thought it a little naff. But I'm really enjoying looking at other people's builds, so I've changed my mind. If someone gets a little enjoyment out of seeing mine, who am I to withhold.
    Build is :
    Large (56) Frame. I'm 5'9" but have long arms and legs (33" inside leg). Glad I chose this over a 54 as I would have an increased minimum saddle to bar drop with a 54.
    Full 105 group - wanted black originally but this came up in the classifieds cheap, straight off a new bike. Now I'm glad I got this colour as it's more light grey than silver which complements the frame.
    Ritchey WCS Logic II bars
    Arione saddle
    Jagwire cable set
    I had already bought wheels for my old bike - Archetype rims on Miche primato hubs.
    Deda Super Zero Seat post - I had originally built the bike with a cheap alloy post to make sure I still needed a setback on this frame. I didn't think a carbon post would make much difference to the ride as I don't have a huge amount of post showing. I was very wrong. It is a huge difference, really worthwhile upgrade.
    800 miles in 4 weeks so far and couldn't be happier with it.
    There's no way I could have afforded such a high end frame (I couldn't really afford it as is!) so I feel lucky to have seen the offer.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Changes made in bold. Weight now 14.14lb

Upgrades planned are Alligator links and a SRAM red Black rear mech for aesthetic reasons. Also need to trim the steerer to a sole spacer.

Scott CR1 SL HMX frame and Fork 54cm
    Ritchey WCS headset
    Mavic R-Sys Premium Wheelset
    Mavic Ti Skewers - Mt Zoom Ti
    Mavic Yksion Griplink & Powerlink tyres 23mm
    Michelin latex inner tubes
    SRAM Red Shifters
    SRAM Red Rear & front mechs
    SRAM Red cassette 11-26
    SRAM Red callipers - Planet X Ultra Light CNC Brake Calipers
    Jagwire Pro cableset
    KMC x10E - KMC X10SL