Rider Down

il_principe
il_principe Posts: 9,155
edited July 2013 in Commuting chat
CS8 Eastbound just after Wandsworth RB. Ambulance in attendance. Cyclist was on a stretcher but was conscious from what I could see. Hope you are ok. Been far too many incidents in the last month or so.

Comments

• raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    Its been a heavy month - another one reported on here in New Cross this morning too. For goodness sakes be careful out there people.......
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • jonomc4
    jonomc4 Posts: 891
    I have seen some terrible riding this past month in the warm weather - really dreadful - I am not surprised at the amount of accidents if I am honest.
  • y2blade
    y2blade Posts: 31
    Flippinheck, hope he's ok
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    jonomc4 wrote:
    I have seen some terrible riding this past month in the warm weather - really dreadful - I am not surprised at the amount of accidents if I am honest.

^This. Yesterday's prime example for me was watching a smartly dressed young woman on a pashley style bike wobbling her way one-handed up Kingsway while reading a text on her mobile phone. A bus was thundering up behind her, but she probably won't have noticed that because of the epic pair of cans she was wearing. Still, she looked happy enough.
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    [...] the epic pair of cans [...]

Sadly, my base mind read this as another Hugh Famism for Chesticles.

Not seeing much of an increase in riders here - perhaps the heat has welded rusty BSOs rigid - but the school hols have reduced traffic levels on my commute.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I don't know what is going on today but one guy commented while we were out on our bikes that it "is like whacky races today".
    Later on while in the car with the wife, she said "everyone was driving like nutters, something must be in the air".
    I think my wife was onto something.

Be careful out there.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.