Llandegla Out of Hours

beardwithabike
beardwithabike Posts: 195
edited July 2013 in Routes
Wheres the best place to park when riding Llandegla after hours on a weekend (Car Park shuts at 9 midweek but 6 on weekends). I cant get there until about 5pm so will finish after the car park shuts and dont want to be locked in.

I normally pay my fee and park on the main car park but obviously cant if Im finishing after its shut... so Im not trying to avoid payment as I would happily pay if they stayed open late on a weekend!

Any pointers would be great thanks.

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Its been a while since I went to Llandegla out of hours we parked at the Moors Inn its about a mile or so from the trail head. Post code is Clwyd LL11 5YL ‎
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • I will give it a go! Thanks!
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    Layby at the bottom is OK if it isn't full.
  • Might drive down to the lay by first and then back to the pub if its full then. Cheers
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Just a heads up... The OnePlanetAdventure guys used to cop a load of grief from the landowners for people riding there out of hours.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Just a heads up... The OnePlanetAdventure guys used to cop a load of grief from the landowners for people riding there out of hours.

This

Why not ride as per the rules so you don't risk f@cking it up for the rest of us....
  • Well my plans have changed now so I can ride in the allowed hours anyway... But I would have been happy to put my £4.50 through their door to ride... I just couldn't make the car park in time originally.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    It's nothing to do with the car park fee, it's the landowners being a bit dickish, and threatening to revoke the lease.
  • Ah right. Well I'm playing by the rules now anyway :]
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    It's nothing to do with the car park fee, it's the landowners being a bit dickish, and threatening to revoke the lease.

I never realised that. I've ridden it in the dark before..oops :oops:

why's that anyway? don't want to be sued if someone comes off or something? :?
  • DCR00
    its prob an insurance thing
  • YeehaaMcgee
    I reckon it's more likely that they're looking for any excuse to kick OPA off their land, so they can run it themselves. They've been making life a pain for OPA in several interesting ways over the years.
    Now, before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, that is just a theory.
  • DCR00
    interesting

They must make some good money at Delga. At this time of year its always packed. Even the weekdays are like Saturdays.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    DCR00 wrote:
    interesting

They must make some good money at Delga. At this time of year its always packed. Even the weekdays are like Saturdays.
    Yep, which is why I'm thinking that UPM want it for themselves. Coed y Brenin used to be run by two people, remember. Not any more.