Wiggle prices gone up = discount code imminent?

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,576
edited July 2013 in Commuting chat
Looking to spend a few hundred pounds with the wigglemeisters, price increase might mean we are going to get a discount code soon - anyone know of one already?

There was a 12% one working not too long ago, but expired now :-(
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Flubit.com is your friend....
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Wrath Rob wrote:

I've been a little underwhelmed so far...
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Wrath Rob wrote:

I've been a little underwhelmed so far...

+1
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Tried Flubit 4 times and had two successes. First the shop was listing stock they didn't have. Next they put a spurious postage cost so the 10% saving was almost nothing - I let them know and tried again and got £5.50 off £45 of chains. Fourth one was straightforward - Carradice bag mount down from about £28 to £23.

As long as you aren't in a hurry, it seems sensible to give it a go.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,576
    Wrath Rob wrote:

They never seem to do the business on big ticket items, I'm talking like wheels and groupsets, only managing to get somewhere int he region of 3% off, for example the Zonda wheels I would like, Wiggle did have them for £287, and i think Flubit got me an offer of around £10 off - I can better that with a £5 off new customer thing, and 3% off with quidco.

Also with Merlin they only came in with £10 off £400 groupsets, so not worth it, and I waited and got lucky when Merlin had a 10% discount AND used quidco for another 3% off.

On a fair few bike bits they have done a decent job though, Jagwire cable set reduced from £30 to £23 at tredz, nabbed for just under £20.
    FSA full carbon stem reduced from £85 to £42.50 at Je James, bought for £35.50, Ritchey handlebars £45 from CRC, bought for just under £40. They seem to do better on lower priced items for whatever reason.

Zondas at Wiggle are now back up to £300.

Halfords have them at £287 or so, but I can;t get a definitive answer on whether I can use my British Cycling 10% discount card to buy them instore, online seem to say yes, when I ring the store they say no :?
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18