Canyon....value for money ?

rokt
rokt Posts: 493
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
My mountain biking mate is coming over from the other side and has ordered a Canyon road bike.
I've never had a good look at them before so last night I had a look around thier web site and
WOW...do any other company offer this kind of spec for the money ?

Very nice looking well spec'd bikes but I'm not too sure on the mail order thing.

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    I suggest you read this thread.
    viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=12903747#p18125898
  • Not only are they well specced, but the frame designs are updated and improved.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    Order your 2016 model now.
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    That would be like reading War & Peace :shock:

I like the 2016 order, are they that bad....
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    I am not a Canyon owner but IMO

Value for money - excellent
    Spec - cxcellent
    Design - good but god i am fed up with black bikes!
    Service - fair to poor based on this forum. UK rep is hard to track down in my experience
    Warranty - See recent frame warranty thread
    Risk - Sizing can be an issue but they apparently have a decent returns policy :?

Would i buy one? If i liked black bikes and was visiting Germany than maybe but i dont like black bikes and live in the UK. Personally i would not buy one especailly as you can get decent bikes here in the UK in the sale that give equal VFM. The only exception may be the Ultimate AL Di2 but i would imagine the lead in time on that is long.

My Advice - Get a discounted Basso or Cinelli from Wiggle!
  • Rokt wrote:
    That would be like reading War & Peace :shock:

I like the 2016 order, are they that bad....

My bike was only a week late. The service that I received, whilst not being exemplary, was acceptable.
    I know that I fared much better than others on this forum but it may be worth noting that a large number of people seemed to join up on here specifically to comment on that particular thread.
    It is possible that one or two of them had a hidden agenda?

Just to add some balance :D
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Avit5
    Avit5 Posts: 114
    solboy10 wrote:
    I am not a Canyon owner but IMO

Value for money - excellent
    Spec - cxcellent
    Design - good but god i am fed up with black bikes!
    Service - fair to poor based on this forum. UK rep is hard to track down in my experience
    Warranty - See recent frame warranty thread
    Risk - Sizing can be an issue but they apparently have a decent returns policy :?

Would i buy one? If i liked black bikes and was visiting Germany than maybe but i dont like black bikes and live in the UK. Personally i would not buy one especailly as you can get decent bikes here in the UK in the sale that give equal VFM. The only exception may be the Ultimate AL Di2 but i would imagine the lead in time on that is long.

My Advice - Get a discounted Basso or Cinelli from Wiggle!

Actually the Ultimate AL DI2 is in stock in all sizes in the double crank and in the compact some of the sizes are also in stock but some do have a 5 week wait for compact. Suspect at that price though they will sell quickly.
  • Austin316
    Austin316 Posts: 50
    Not quite as bargainous, but Focus are good value as a comparison (OK I admit I'm biased), and you can ride them in UK stores and get a proper fit.