Thursday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I'm running late today, I'm far too tired. Was about to get into bed last night when I noticed a blob on the ceiling in the corner. I got on a chair and had a closer look, gave it a prod, and about 40 or 50 mini spiders ran amock. I think I caught them all, but it was far too late to be doing that.

Today, my boss is back, so no idea what work I''m doing :lol: but later, I'm preparing for my trip to Canterbury next week.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers

Today is my Friday, and its going to be a) busy and b) lacking in bacons. This displeases me. But at at least tomorrow I'm not in work. Woot!

Before then, coffee and laser based asshatery.

Onwards! To caffeine! And slicing and dicing!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Serious CBA. Really enjoyed the last placement but this one is a bit of a let down. It's turned into counting down the days, but that's depressing knowing how slowly it seems to be going. Roll on the weekend.

TTFN
  • xmadxmoex
    xmadxmoex Posts: 135
    Morning all,

Today shall mostly be spent getting insurance quotes for various cars as we need a 2nd one, gave in my notice to current job on tuesday and need a commuter mobile for the new job.

Other than that were waiting for baby number 2 to pop out at some point!
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Had myself a lie-in this morning to use some hours I had in the bank. Popped into Aldi on the way into work and picked up a new PC in their ‘once it’s gone it’s gone’ Thursday special. Bargain.

Today will be a day of sifting through CVs trying to decide which applicants I want to interview. Then it’s back over to HR to organise said interviews so things will, no doubt, slow down again but at least we are moving ever so slowly forward.

Time for some tea and decision making.

Later……
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Greetings programs,

last night i fettled with a bike a bit and had some good food because i made it :P. Today is work meh hopefully followed by a spin out. And fingers crossed the free food doesnt make me feel a bit sick today.
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Tired and grumpy today. Why is it people cannot be trusted to do basic things? I am currently eating loads and considering a carb free, gym heavy month to start on 7 August so that I look trim for being an elderly bridesmaid.

Work is bleurgh. New bike is shiny. Lack of skin on right arm is healing well according to nurse housemate and she stuck some more fake skin stuff over it last night.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Been to a castle, seen a 2300 yr old ship and only had one beer - need to work on the last bit
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,455
    Afternoon Reprobates,

Went to the school leavers parents party (with ankle biters invited) last night and was about to get H'd on cider when the trouble n strife downed a massive glass of wine and told me she wasn't driving back. Probably saved from a hangover on a school day for me but still not happy.

Today is surprisingly quiet in the office, probably due to the boss being in Japan this week, so I will make the most of this.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    finally back to my normal hours but have a shit load of work to catch up on, joy.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Thoroughly pissed off with merlin. Ordered a new 9 speed XT cassette on Monday as I kind of need one for the weekend, arrived today, they've sent a 10 speed one… I'll have a job to get one before first thing Saturday morning now… looks like it's the roadie for me this weekend or el guano, but really wanted to get some proper xc miles in :evil:
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Shows how superwank my days been, popping up on the good morning thread at 9pm.

Been pretending to be a chef today at work and was bloody busy. Left the minions to it and I'm off home for my dinner and to pack for my holidays. Handing over to chief minion tomorrow, wedding in London on Saturday, then off to Turkey on Sunday for 6 days of getting legendarily H'd and eating myself into oblivion.

Hopefully the missus will avoid ruining it all for me.

Laters