Thunder buddy Tuesday

projectsome
projectsome Posts: 4,478
edited July 2013 in The Crudcatcher
It's storming like a mother fucker out there. Can't remember the last time a storm woke me up. It looks like the sky is actually on fire. Hopefully it'll get quieter soon.

Another common day day at work then visit a friend or two.
FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Farm you thunder..thunder buddies for life!
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Thought you had storms all the time over there, well more than us anyway
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

Judo was good last night, pretty much a free-for-all as the regular sensei is on holiday. Learning how to choke isn't pleasant though.
    So we welcome a future King into the world, personally, this pleases me as I'm a Royalist, and if you're not, well I don't care.

Onwards to tea and frosties!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Morning,
    Slightly more human today, so i'll be catching up with all the work that i didnt do properly yesterday and probably finding out all the stuff i did wrong?
    Well i welcome a little rain, not this river falling from the sky :? lots of pretty lightning though, thats cool.

Anywhoo, onwards to coffee and rain dodging

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' wet lettuces,

Thunder, right, Supposed to 'clear the air', right? F**k that.

If the air was any thicker coming in this morning, I'd have had to cut my way through it. I needed a machete, not a bike. And talk about sweaty!

Anyhoo, today will feature mostly titanium stuff, and cleaning down some tooling which has recieved a bit of a battering lately.

Onwards! To cleaning! To welding! And to cooooffeeeee!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Some really quite impressive thunder and lightening this morning going on all around me. It did wake me up early but the light show was worth it.

Minion is back in at lunchtime so I’m keeping back plenty of shizzle for them to catch up on. Recruitment is dragging on slowly as HR cannot seem to get their arris in gear.

Badminton last night was so so warm. It took about an hour and a half afterwards to cool down. I used beer to help with the rehydration process.

Onwards to tea and skyward light shows.

Later……
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Just rain here, same as it has been for the last 2 weeks...... rain, rain and more sodding rain.....

Roll on Thursday when I get back to a UK summer.....fark that'll be rain, rain and more sodding rain by then!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    cicatriz wrote:
    Recruitment is dragging on slowly as HR cannot seem to get their arris in gear.
    I know how you feel, except I've got the problem that 2 directors have fallen out, so one is vetoing everything the other one suggest, which basically means I keep getting shafted every time we request something :roll: Still only have temporary minion, and time is running out to replace him (plus, he doesn't bring cakes!)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Placement number 2, day 2. Meh. In a fairly big animal hospital, there are far too many rules and I don't get to do much choppy and stabby. Still, I guess I can just count down the days. It helps that there's another vet student here too to muck around with when there's sod all to do. Unfortunately she has a brummie accent, but I guess I'll just have to live with that for the fortnight.

TTFN
  • Thewaylander
    Morning all,

tired now.. i need sleep. prductiveness will hit an all time low today.

laters.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Ayup,

Currently having a break in Keele services on the way to Blackpool for a meeting. Staying over, so a free night out courtesy of work.

Sold the Marin frame along with my forks and wheels so will be looking at a shiny set of Crests and Rebas when I return from a holiday.

Best get on the road again!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Y O Y are they resurfacing a road outside my office which didnt need doing!!!! Grrr #noise!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Meh. Refreshing to ride to work in the rain again. Drainage round my way is pretty bad, the road outside my house has flooded and has trucks and cars dotted about in it like boats in a harbour. Meh
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Drainage round my way is pretty bad, the road outside my house has flooded and has trucks and cars dotted about in it like boats in a harbour. Meh

don't you just love the UK? it's too sunny we haven't had enough rain so you'll all have to stop using your hose pipes and only have 1 shower a week to save water....ahrrgg it's raining and everywhere's flooded! :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    well i look at it this way, local loop will have a layer of slime on it that used to be chocking dust...

still all good fun for practicing control.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    well i look at it this way, local loop will have a layer of slime on it that used to be chocking dust...

still all good fun for practicing control.

but it's dry and hot here in Bristol so the trails will probably have dried out again later
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Dry when I left the house and chucking it down by time I got out the tube near work - which nobody else had anticpated either judging by the number of idiots blocking up the exit hoping it would stop raining (it didn't for quite a while). Don't know what the problem is anyway, office air con dries things out pretty quickly.

2 coffees down and onto more grief...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    No rain in cyprus, 104 degrees at the bar :)
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    So how much did you pay to go to somewhere that's just like England last week? :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    So how much did you pay to go to somewhere that's just like England last week? :P

I'm not buying a new bike this year now :(
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Think of it as a month of no booze, that might sound better?

At least you went before the main school holidays kicked off (around today down my way). I'm going somewhere too hot in a couple of weeks and getting my wallet well and truly reamed for the privilege !
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Think of it as a month of no booze, that might sound better?

At least you went before the main school holidays kicked off (around today down my way). I'm going somewhere too hot in a couple of weeks and getting my wallet well and truly reamed for the privilege !

Erm.... We pulled ours out a couple of days early