Mehnday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning Losers!

I think I went to bed a little too late last night as I'm shattered this morning.

Today will consist of trying to have all my orders placed before going away on my holiday next week wooo! I say holiday, but it's more of a working holiday, so it's not too 'wooo'.

Judo later, and I'll try for an early night.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers

Busy day in work today, which is just what I need after my relaxing weekend spent either 1) in the garage readying the new racer for departure or 2) pedalling like a mofo 'round the Lng Mynd - which is a spectacular place, and littered with climbs that would make GTDestroyer cry into his helmet. There were one or two incidences that added 'interest' to the day, but apart from that, t'was good.

Kinda regreted riding into work this morning , though!

I think there may be bacons in very near future.

Onwards! To titanium, microscope and piggymeats! And coffee!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Mehday, wake up, breakfast, work with the same shite as Saturday...... MEH!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Good day at Long Mynd. Nice to see some familiar faces and put more names to faces. I was a bit tired though, so had to pull over for a cheeky nap on the way home!

Rather than ride in today I opted for an extra few minutes in bed.

Laters
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

Gosh its misty in Sheff today and I'm supposed to be going cycling over the moors, might have to change plans.

Anyway great day in Myndy yesterday. Congrats to all those who made it. Hard work driving back.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    I really don’t like Mondays. Today is no exception.

Tennis on Saturday was good except for the sunburn. My face was as red as a baboon’s arris.

Sunday was spent doing very little apart from the usual domestic chores, sorting out computer software, watching golf, TDF and Moto GP.

Today is a minion less day so I’ll have to be seen to be doing something. New minion recruitment is continuing at the usual slow rate but it should be CV filtering this week ahead of possible interviews in the next fortnight.

Later……
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Long old day on the bike in the long mynd yesterday and apart from my little mishap, a superb days riding! Eastridge forest absolutely rocks, have to go back there again! Thanks to Richie63 for givin me a lift and putting up with my frankly hopeless sense of direction and map reading skills!!

Absolutely knackered this morning, single chainring and fookin' huge hills are a bad mix! Shall be trundling into work in abit and taking it very easy today, I need more sleep!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Greetings Programs,

Busy weekend sat i spent in my parents loft clearing it out and finding out all my old dinner sets and all in preperation to hopefully having my own flat soon. Sunday chilling out then watching The worlds end at hte cinema which was actually pretty good fun film though they broke the cinema at the start.

today is work, free lunch and then hopefully a spin out.

End of Line.....
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Morning. Today I am absolutely knackered after yesterday's epic ride, ad have a day of recording folk music. There's worse things to do to unwind, for sure.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning indeed.
    Today will be spent re-hydrating. I'm a little "crazy" still from going full retard yesterday at the QECP enduro, not stopped drinking water since. 2ltr during the race, 1 on the way home, 2 pints when i got home, 2 later on, still not properly refilled.
    Anywhoo, good race, bit flatter than the other races i've done but great fun none the less.

Today is the first day of covering various minions who have had the audasity to book holiday!

Onwards to water, more water and maybe lunch with water?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Afternoon from a sunny bar in north Cyprus with the first of many beers in my hand - happy
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Mehning indeed.
    Today will be spent re-hydrating. I'm a little "crazy" still from going full retard yesterday at the QECP enduro, not stopped drinking water since. 2ltr during the race, 1 on the way home, 2 pints when i got home, 2 later on, still not properly refilled.
    Anywhoo, good race, bit flatter than the other races i've done but great fun none the less.

Today is the first day of covering various minions who have had the audasity to book holiday!

Onwards to water, more water and maybe lunch with water?
    ditto. I feel like I'm full of sawdust today.
    Top tip, try milk, I learnt this weekend that it's amazing for rehydration.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    ahh i have some of that, can i put coffee in it? ;)
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Morning Losers,

I'm on day 3 of four days off, I think some reading in the garden, and then xboxing is in order. And I suppose make tea for the other half. :)
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Well that weekend disappeared. Friday night was champagne and gin fuelled at a bbq which resulted in bed at 3am, paramedics in the house at 5am, and actually getting up shortly before midday to drive all the way home for my little bros birthday party. I spent the entire time curled up in a ball in the garden on a sofa cushion trying to avoid conversation after which I went back to bed for 2 hours to sleep off the hangover before I moved outside into the garden to fall asleep some more in a hammock chair.

Sunday was spent doing some more hungover sleeping, watching my sister do her last dance show and then cinema. I also managed to press purchase on a new bike... ops...

Today feels long, but half day tomorrow so I can watch Bruce Springsteen at the Millennium Stadium.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Afternoon Wasters,

Today is getting tropical already in the Big City and tonight's trip home will be a very sweaty affair. Still no chance of pedalling while bones fuse back together so it's the joys of tube and train for me. Apart from that it's trying to get presentations done and getting feedback from far to many people to be able to put in what everybody wants. Always fun :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Prynhawn Da.

4 day week this week then off for 15 days. Pay day Thursday which will involve me paying the bond for my new flat. Doesn't seem that long ago I was saying only 4 months until the move now it's just over a week, the time has flown by.
    11 months of living with the parentals and 9 months of singledom and the endof a sh***y period of my life is in sight. Can't wait to move back to Cardiff and have some form of normality in my life again (oh and it means i can have a sneaky few beers after work without having to miss out on things due to driving) Quite looking forward to living on my own.

Toodle ooh
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Afternoon scuttlers

Work afternoon today and feeling surprisingly good following yesterday's blast around the mynd, even if we did manage to break our guest from Viewranger. Feel like I could do it again toda, legs are compact and sinewy like corned beef.
    Feel less inclined to drive a train to Bargoed now though although iced tea is song me up nicely.

Feel like another ok dinner pancake brekky now though.

Anyway Let's get working
    Tarrah
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    MissCMC wrote:
    Friday night was champagne and gin fuelled at a bbq which resulted in bed at 3am, paramedics in the house at 5am.
    Go on then, what happened?
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro