I don't wear lycra ......but !

coulddobetter
coulddobetter Posts: 812
edited July 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Huge congratulations to Chris Froome .

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not QUITE in the bag yet, but yes seconded, Lycra is for pansies (unless you are actually in a race!) but good effort none the less.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    froome was tremendous when it mattered, sky were arguably less of the well oiled machine but they destroyed themselves for him when he needed it. I have a sneaking suspicion that he could have beaten wiggins last year if allowed.

However, based on yesterday's stage it would have been a much more exciting tour if he hadn't entered at all. :wink:

And that wee Colombian dude, Quintana? Is going to win a bucket load of grand tours.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Froome is undoubtedly a superb rider. He's just SOOOOOO BOOOOOORING!!!!!!

Quintana is an absolute beast of a climber, absolutely amazing result from him. even moreso given it's his first tour.

Richie Porte put in the best performance of the lot imho though.

Oh, and Sagan is the roadie equivalent of Cedric Gracia. Just cool as fcuk!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Froome is undoubtedly a superb rider. He's just SOOOOOO BOOOOOORING!!!!!!
    I heard Froome on the radio in the car today. Feck me, the shipping weather forecast is more interesting.

Even so, a second Brit TdF winner on the trot makes me want to get out and pound the tarmac :mrgreen: :oops:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    Good winning speech by Froome this evening.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Let his riding do the talking...some people go like that when first confronted with big live interviews, so maybe give him some time...
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    He's hardly new to the scene is he.

I already said there was no doubts about his talent as a rider, but he's hardly a "personality" is he.

Now Sagan on the other hand, green beards and one handed wheelies over the finishing line, THAT is a personality!
    Even Cav when he goes batshit crazy and starts confiscating reporters stuff has entertainment value.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    What the fark are you b1tches talking about?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    The boy did good, but dreadfully dull and untrustworthy - you didn't see Richie Porte cycling off leaving him exposed when he felt good
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    What the fark are you b1tches talking about?

I think its some kind of roadie thing, you all set off for a ride, try and eat a three course meal in the saddle and finish it before you are 5km from the end, avoid loads of cars and deliver a letter i think.

After that days race they all decide who looks the prettiest in which top and start again the next day.

Think it can be quite lucrative with Chris Vroom being lined up for some gillet Venus adverts or something