Sportives - Image Problem

jgsi
jgsi Posts: 5,062
edited July 2013 in The cake stop
9X9tC91.jpg
Lighten up guys , it's supposed to be a fun run ( I knows it is Stoke)... Tour Ride want me to pay £30 to join this bunch of miserable sods?
I look happier when lining up for a race where I know I am going to get my legs ripped off...

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Haven't you heard?

sportives are the new races... super serious race faces required at the start line.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,578
    ^^^ this

not sure if it's a british thing, but when i've been riding overseas the ones that are standout miserable are always british, there are some sociable ones too of course, but the french/germans/dutch/italians/spanish/scandiwegians seem much more cheerful on average
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • jezzpalmer
    jezzpalmer Posts: 389
    most of them just look scared/apprehensive, apart from the hustler in the yellow jumper.
  • Looks to me like they've all noticed that the bloke in yellow hasn't got a number on and is gate-crashing, but in true British style are all now suffering the mental torment of wondering whether to mention it or not.
    Mangeur
  • jezzpalmer
    jezzpalmer Posts: 389
    Looks to me like they've all noticed that the bloke in yellow hasn't got a number on and is gate-crashing, but in true British style are all now suffering the mental torment of wondering whether to mention it or not.

Well observed. :)
    Le coq sportif top, interesting choice. :D
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    Looks to me like they've all noticed that the bloke in yellow hasn't got a number on and is gate-crashing, but in true British style are all now suffering the mental torment of wondering whether to mention it or not.

he's the race leader- he dont need no number!
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    JGSI wrote:
    9X9tC91.jpg

Want to meet like-minded people in your area?