Bike park wales

welshkev
welshkev Posts: 9,690
edited July 2013 in Routes
I know some people mentioned they were planning a trip for when it opened. They've just announced that its now opening on August 24th, NOT August 10th as previously mentioned.

http://www.cognation.co.uk/6weeks-to-go ... ales-opens

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Is it at Gethin? I have entered the Welsh DH Champs which is at Bike Park Wales but I have no idea where it is or what the track is like.
  • welshkev
    Yeah at gethin. It'll be on one of the new built tracks I guess. Again I'm guessing, but the old dragon dh track probably isn't there now.

They're doing dig days there though if you fancied a sneak preview of the tracks? Just check out the bike park Wales Facebook page :)

*sorry mods for posting in wrong section :)
  • rockmonkeysc
    The old track was a beast, I hope it is still there. Too many new tracks are too smooth and flowing, just freeride tracks rather than proper downhill.
  • welshkev
    I'm booked on the uplift 1st sept. woop woop :)
  • rockmonkeysc
    Im thinking of going then. If you see a smoking fast, handsome and charming young man on a nukeproof scalp punch in the chops, it wont be me.
  • welshkev
    Yeah book up, there's 4 of us booked already. Feel free to tag along :)
  • jimothy78
    jimothy78 Posts: 1,407
    Anyone know which trails/sections are going to be open from day one?
    Is it everything on this map, or is that just the final plan/work in progress?
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I'm so excited i want to touch myself or something....
  • welshkev
    jimothy78 wrote:
    Anyone know which trails/sections are going to be open from day one?
    Is it everything on this map, or is that just the final plan/work in progress?

I don't know mate, I just booked up in all the excitement :lol:

waylander: that's no different to a different day is it? :wink:

I think i'm going to take a trip up there in the week after it opens one evening after work and go check it out aswell :D