Nukeproof Mega AM 2012

clamps81
clamps81 Posts: 315
edited July 2013 in Your mountain bikes
My Tomac really wasn't getting on with the weather here in South Wales and after chewing through it's third set of bearings I decided it was time for a change. Clocked a small 2012 Mega on sale at CRC and pulled the trigger with the intention of stripping it and using the bits from the Tomac on it.

Here she is newly unboxed in the office :
7ynoebVh.jpg

After a few days of fettling I got it to this stage :
TgqncRWh.jpg

agfr1ZDh.jpg
And a mere day after this I set off with it to do the Mondraker gravity Enduro :

2XNgpRyh.jpg

It's definitely a lardier beast than the Tomac, but I'm loving the Lyrik fork and the smaller size means it's a lot more playful. It does however make me really, really wish I'd invested in lighter wheels.

Build
Frame : Nuneproof Mega AM 2012 (small)
Rockshox Monarch RT3 shock
Forks : Rochshox Lyrik RC2 DH
Brakes : Shimano XT
Crank : XT M785 w e.thirteen 34T ring
MRP G2 Mini chainguide
XT Front Shifter
Zee Rear mech
XT 11-36 cassette
Reverb Post
Fizik Gobi Xm Saddle
Nukeproof riser bars (chopped down to 720mm)/ 60mm stem
Superstar Grips
Superstar switch evo hubs on Mavic EN521 rim
On one Chunky Munky (front) Smorgasboard (rear) both trail extreme
Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces

Comments

• *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Nice! I also have a mega and love it! Very capable do it all bike! It climbs really really well!

I'm yet to put it through its paces on a decent DH, but it seems to handle everything I chuck at it!
  • Biggus86
    Biggus86 Posts: 385
    Bloody Mega's... I really really want one, wish people would stop advertising they have one haha :), oh well have to settle with some new wheels arriving next week.
  • clamps81
    Put in a bit more time on this thing now. It's awesome. Something of a pig uphill due to the weight, but really rewards you downhill. Am enjoying it greatly.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

• Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    How much does it weigh?
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • clamps81
    Don't have any scales, but CRC reckons 13.7 in stock form, so probably another kilo anda bit on that with the swap to my XT gear and with the EN521s on it. really, really want lighter wheels.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

• Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767
    Not bad at all for what it is...
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    I've recently bought a a 2012 Mega frame and was thinking of going with the EN521s with some Generator Hubs. Any chance you would be able to get a weight for each wheel with your Superstar Hubs? It would just give me an idea then of what i would be looking at. I don't really want to go any lower than a 20mm interior rim width as the bike would squash anything thinner!
  • Myster101
    Myster101 Posts: 856
    Love this bike, tried to find a 2012 in XL but nowhere had them :cry:

Let me know how much you would want for your rear wheel if you get some new ones :wink:

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive