New saddle required?

daveetheridge
daveetheridge Posts: 5
edited July 2013 in Commuting general
Hi all
I've just bought a Scott Aspect 640 and during the test ride everything was fine, for someone who hasn't cycled a lot for the last 22 years it felt very comfortable and handled well.
However, after some more rides I'm experiencing some discomfort on the 'sit bone'. I ride about 50/50 on road/off road and when off road I'm out the seat a lot of the time. However for climbs I'm in the seat to stop the front pulling up (maybe need to adjust the forks?).
Does anyone have any hints or tips on adjustments I could try (looking under the saddle there doesn't seem to be any adjusters) or and suggestions on a replacement saddle?

Thanks in advance, I've already picked up some great info from the more experienced members (compared to me that's everyone!)
Dave

Comments

• Lassic
    Lassic Posts: 32
    I don't think a new saddle is required, even a slight adjustment can go a long way.

If you're new to cycling again, the first 2 weeks are going to hurt your arse until you get used to it. Or you can be a wuss like I did and buy a gel seat cover if it gets too bad. Though I don't need/use it anymore.
  • Thanks Lassic. I'll keep going for the next couple of weeks and see how it goes then.