Rose Carbon Pro-SL 3000

likeakipper8
likeakipper8 Posts: 19
edited July 2013 in Your road bikes
My second road bike following my Specialized Allez which I had for just over a year. That is now my Winter bike and after a fair bit of research went for a Rose. Haven't changed anything since I bought it in November, all came in at £1300. Very stiff, seems to jump forward when I begin to think about accelerating, and climbs so quickly. Not sure about the weight but very light, significantly lighter than the Allez. Very pleased with it :D

WP_20130713_001_zpsff6d51be.jpg

WP_20130713_002_zpsf6316992.jpg

WP_20130713_003_zps29446483.jpg

WP_20130713_004_zps3d148269.jpg

Frame & Forks: Rose Carbon Pro-SL 55cm
Bars: FSA Wing Pro Shallow
Stem: FSA SL-K
Bar Tape: Fizik Microtex

Front Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra 6700
Front Caliper: Shimano Ultegra 6700
Rear Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra 6700
Rear Caliper: Shimano Ultegra 6700

Shifters: Shimano Ultegra 6700
Front Mech: Shimano Ultegra 6700
Rear Mech: Shimano Ultegra 6700

Seat: Prologo Nago Evo T2.0
Seat Post: FSA SL-K carbon

Chainring(s): Shimano Ultegra 39/53
Chain: Shimano Ultegra
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 6700
Pedals: Look Keo Classic

Wheels: Mavic Ksyrium Equipe
Tyres: Continental GP4000

Comments

• Very nice mate, great price as well for the gear! Would you say these bikes are more race geometry rather than 'comfort'? What was the ordering experience like?
    Current bike: 2014 Kinesis Racelight T2 - built by my good self!
  • Thanks, yeah it is built for speed, I've lowered the stems on both bikes as far as I can and this one feels slightly lower than the Allez if that helps. It's very stiff as well so you can feel the power straight away, but the carbon means comfort-wise it's probably about the same as my Alu Allez. It is definitely built for speed though!

Ordering was easy, you can build the bike to your spec on their website and it updates the price etc as you go, apparently they speak very good English although I never had to speak to them, I sent an email about sizing which was answered very quickly. The only problem I had was the bank blocking my card as they thought it was fraud!
  • e17blade
    e17blade Posts: 215
    Snap! Apart from a few cosmetic differences I have exactly the same. Five months of riding it and not one regret.

I also found the ordering experience excellent - no question was too small and it seemed as important to them as to me that I got my bike spot on.

Enjoy!