Adidas bib shorts

rodgers73
rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
My local Adidas outlet store has a pile of bib shorts on sale at £37 a pair down from £65. Foolishly I forgot to check which model they were but it seems they only do two types - the Supernova and the Response. Both get mixed reviews on Wiggle.

Anyone have any experience of either? I'm struggling to resist an apparent bargain...

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I bought their Sky shorts and the material tore away from the pad after a few short months. They were discounted anyway - but my far cheaper chinese shorts were better made. I'd not bother tbh.
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    As above, I bought some Adidas Sky shorts when they were on special at M&M Direct and the quality is worse than Ebay Chinese replicas. Avoid.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Thanks guys, saved me some disappointment there!
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    i've got the cheaper ones from their current range. compared to my endura's they are not bad but the biggest issue is the seat pad. it kind if has a weakness in the fold in the middle of the sit bone structure, it therefore causes minor discomfort on longer (100+ mile rides). having said that the materials and composition are pretty good but not absolutley top notch.

I prefer endura FS 260's, they are extremely comfy and for £60 ish quid there isn't much better.