Mehnday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited July 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

That was a shoot nights sleep. Woke up at 2, then again around 4 and didn't really fall asleep again properly.

Ah well. Yesterday I played cricket because I'm a gentleman and all that. Then when I got home, found that the bank is kindly paying my PPI back, which amounts to well over £1k :D I'm going to use it to pay off debts, but still, I'm very happy I have it! If you've paid any PPI, just write to your bank, it's quite easy.

Today, more work shizzle followed by Judo. I have to start a fast from 8pm as I have a blood test in the morning. Fun times.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    TKM: A grand? Very nice!

Mornin' window lickers

A cool breeze ran through the house last night, whihc made sleeping a possibility, so three nights kip kinda caught up with me. Irony is, I'm cream-crackered now as a result. M'eh.

Work today would appear to be an endless stream of visitors and documentation, ending sometime around half five this evening. Considering I'm here already, it's going to be a long 'un! Still, at least the aircon works!

Onwards! To meetings! And caffiene!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Mehning feckwads!
    Weekend was ok, Niece was 1 on saturday and beer festival was on, somewhere in there i managed to do some DIY as well.
    Sunday had to ride back to get my car with No1, boy do little girls whinge at everything! just what a hungover dad wants! but riding Dawn properly for the first time was fun :)

Today, well who knows, its monday so all plans are out the window!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning

Had a great w.end being daddy daycare.

Today was a good ride into work to counter all of the ale and BBQ food over the w.end.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning ladies!

Well my weekend was the best in a long while, especially with the evil house mates away though sarky comments and general unpleasentness has started again this AM.

Back to work today, no riding till wednesday this week so will figure out what to do with my evening while producing ec sales lists. joy!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

back to work after 10 days in the sun, it sucks balls :x

very tired as I've had a bout 8 hrs sleep in the last 3 days. i'm supposed to be going for a blast on the DH bike later so that should be fun whilst this tired :lol:

laters
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    welshkev wrote:
    back to work after 10 days in the sun, it sucks balls :x
    Welcome back, at least the weathers good and its not too much of a shock!

Morning all.

Weekend was alright but lazy. Didnt ride at all, drank beer and lazed on fields playing/watchin football and enjoyed the sun. Got home to a letter on saturday morning telling me I have been given a payrise in light of a salary review I didn't even know I had! So yeah, unproductive but good weekend. On to the next one.

Laters
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Morning Scuttlers

Fun ride yesterday at Afan W2 with added getting lost due to badly signposted detours saw myself, El Cap and Northern Train clock up another 37 miles towards cc2cc in good time with cake stop.

Less than 70 days to go so I'm now looking at the finish and Brynn Bettws and the like so I'm gauging interest for that and working out a plan of action and a place where we can all meet up for those wishing to ride.

I also have a meeting about ppi tomorrow, I don't think I'm due anything back but having had a shoot load of finance over the last 15 years I figured I should detail a company to go and investigate and if I get something back then great, but if not, ah well.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    I dont know much about PPI but I have heard the companies that get your PPI back simply fill out a form that can easily be done by you - and take a cut. On the other hand if your finance is all over the place and over a number of years it may be easier and more practical to have a proffesional do it.
  • Gazlar
    It is all over the place tbh so i'll letthem get on with it, I was never expecting anything back so if there is any money returning its a bonus
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I had a company do mine, chased loads of people for me, I think I've paid them about £150, but I got about £600 back, so £450 when I wasn't expecting anything is OK by me :D
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Afternoon
    Faffing back in the office is the order of the day.
    Had an interesting keynote speech from the president of the company yesterday. And then some little winged beastie bit me on the ankle. I now have a cankle and will probably need antibiotics. Leaving early to see a doctor and have a very early night.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Afternoon, well it's took a hour but sorted my breakdown cover and three months free extra, and got my car insurance for more than half the price I paid three years ago. Winner winner chicken dinner!

Now to continue painting my back garden.
  • Clank
    Kitty wrote:

That's a euphemism, right?
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

• Gazlar
    Clank wrote:
    Kitty wrote:

If it is it sounds quite scatty one
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Afternoon All

Not many can say that very soon they'll be lying in the sun waiting for a helicopter to take them home....but I can. :D:D
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Day off number one has so far been unproductive. Morning spent at the garage with my mum as she wanted back up going to complain to them. This required me to get out up and stop lying in the sun in the garden. Most displeased.

Managed yesterday to sunburn all the various white strap lines over my shoulders, so I now have brown and lobster stripes.

Saturday was good - test rode a bike and methinks I am going to press the buy button this week. Just a shame it was soooooo hot I felt like I was melting riding up the hill. Going down the hill was much nicer and cooler.

Bridezilla is back from holiday so I have already been bombarded with emails about getting our dresses sorted. Ekkkk.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Clank
    Gazlar wrote:
    Clank wrote:
    Kitty wrote:

If it is it sounds quite scatty one

That's a s**t pun.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Kitty wrote:
    If you have a back garden the best thing to do is mow it.

Evening Camel Toe Hunters,

Morning spent at dentist getting old veneers replaced so I don't look like a 50 a day smoker. Afternoon was surprisingly unstressed at work so I left earlyish to pedal home and ended up going over the bars when some complete c0ck stopped in front of me when he was on a green light. Now have plasters and alcohol as treatment for road rash on knee and forearm.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo - is he in a ditch now?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo - is he in a ditch now?
    If I had my way he'd be getting the 'Human Centipede' treatment in my basement right now. Slight hitch was that by time I'd picked myself off the tarmac the fecker had driven off. Just a pity I hadn't landed on his car when I went OTB, another few feet and I'd have done a Starsky and Hutch on his boot :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]