Boardman MTB Pro (2010)

arrogantowl
arrogantowl Posts: 15
edited July 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi there Guys,

I have a Boardman MTB Pro (with a standard Rockshox Fork REBA with 120mm of travel)

I have a spare set of Rockshox Domain Forks (with 160mm of travel) kicking around (from an old All Mountain bike that i don't really use any more)

My question is would putting the Domain forks on the MTB PRO really screw up the ride / geometry of the bike. (I don't even know if they would fit on to be honest)

They would not be on constantly only for days when i have more rough stuff in the riding and a bit more suspension up front would be beneficial.

Appreciate up front your thoughts on this.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My question is would putting the Domain forks on the MTB PRO really screw up the ride / geometry of the bike.
    Yes, that and overstress the bike possibly leading to catastrophic failure and removal of your front teeth by the stem, assuming it misses the rest of your face, about the worst idea I've heard really!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.