Sojasuns green socks

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited July 2013 in Pro race
Funky!

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,166
    Inspector F.Fighter from the Sock Police will be the judge of that.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Looks rubbish as they don't quite match the rest of their kit.

(And reminds me of the luminous green/pink/yellow socks from the early 80s. Which is not a good thing).
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    It should be made law by the UCI that it's white socks ONLY. ankle ones not those halfway up your legs efforts :D
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Looks rubbish as they don't quite match the rest of their kit.

(And reminds me of the luminous green/pink/yellow socks from the early 80s. Which is not a good thing).

I used to have a set of those Sidi luminous green socks. I thought they were cool and I have conservative tastes when it comes to cycling clothing!

I'm with Gazzetta67 on sock length (but I'd buy another pair of those Sidi socks, given half a chance :D ).

DD.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Problem is that they are teamed with the specialized shoe colour so it clashes horribly.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Can only see pics of them with white, will have to look out for them tomorrow
  • frenchfighter
    Paul 8v wrote:

315-PIC378880861crop_zps600ad24e.jpg

Not even the same green as the kit. Big fail.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v wrote:

I know it breaks the european rules but for some reason i like them- seems to be an antidote to black and knee length- the fact they are a different colour to the kit seems to add to it
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v wrote:

I think you can get away with non-matching shoes like a football player but you're right those socks are a big fail!

I think black socks look OK as long as you adhere to the rules I.e. goldilocks not too short not too long principle
  • Paul 8v
    P.S thanks for the pic Frenchie, I knew you would come up with the goods!
  • Paul 8v wrote:

I know it breaks the european rules but for some reason i like them- seems to be an antidote to black and knee length- the fact they are a different colour to the kit seems to add to it

the shoes are more of a problem!
  • IanLD
    IanLD Posts: 423
    Better than black, but strange not matching the green of the rest of their kit and pretty bad with those shoes.

Would work better if they had a rider in the points jersey
  • can't wait to go into work and tell them what I was talking about a la Le Tour :-)
  • frenchfighter
    This doesnt work either...
    tdf_2013_stage_02_o-nev_2469-e1372631675982.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    It should be made law by the UCI that it's white socks ONLY. ankle ones not those halfway up your legs efforts :D

Really??? House has looked like a right plonker all season
    HouseBikeChange.jpg
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    It should be made law by the UCI that it's BLACK socks and shoes ONLY. ankle ones not those halfway up your legs efforts :D
    Fixed that for you :D
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    This doesnt work either...
    tdf_2013_stage_02_o-nev_2469-e1372631675982.jpg

I agree and I think the cameraman did too as he focussed on his feet a few times during yesterday's stage. Does Kittel usually wear blue shoes? Or was it an attempt to colour match as all the writing on the jersey/shorts was also blue?
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    hammerite wrote:
    I agree and I think the cameraman did too as he focussed on his feet a few times during yesterday's stage. Does Kittel usually wear blue shoes? Or was it an attempt to colour match as all the writing on the jersey/shorts was also blue?

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ed--37775/
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    Here are my old, well-used and slightly faded pair of the previously mentioned flo-green SIDI socks.

P1010407_zps1b6b7fab.jpg

I'd love to see SIDI releasing these again. I thought they were classy!

DD.
  • Tom Dean
    Tom Dean Posts: 1,723
    My god, sorry I have only just seen this thread. Some of the comments are deeply alarming.

Sojasun: eccentric but cool.
    Kittel: perfect
    House: the only thing right are the socks!