recomend padded shorts not bibs.

elderone
elderone Posts: 1,410
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
Can any one recommend some shorts with good padding at a reasonable price,sub£50.Dont want bibs as I have enough of those.Chamoix pad would be me first choice.
cheers.
Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I've got a couple of pairs of Endura shorts, medium size, used but still very "clean" if interested (pad looks like new)?

Was going to Ebay them, £10 each?
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    My Decathlon 'gel' padded shorts are my most comfortable out of over 10 pairs. They are within your budget.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    drlodge wrote:
    I've got a couple of pairs of Endura shorts, medium size, used but still very "clean" if interested (pad looks like new)?

I have 3 pairs of these. Last for ever and still feel comfotable. Specialized make some of the most comfortable shorts I have ever worn.
  • dnwhite88
    dnwhite88 Posts: 285
    drlodge wrote:

I'm interested in those if the op isn't-I'm in Guildford area
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster"
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    I have several pairs of basic Lusso waist shorts, they all work well. Pads are all different and the firmest pad (most comfortable over a distance) is in the Pro20, which I picked up for about £18 on ebay recently. Made in the UK, too. :)

Have heard good things about Specialized shorts but not tried any.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Cheers for replies lads.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • Simon E wrote:
    I have several pairs of basic Lusso waist shorts, they all work well. Pads are all different and the firmest pad (most comfortable over a distance) is in the Pro20, which I picked up for about £18 on ebay recently. Made in the UK, too. :)

How are you finding the Pro20's Simon.
    Also are the sizes correct or is it best to buy the next size up?