Road rookie Boardman Comp vs. Verenti Belief

davitwasserbauer
davitwasserbauer Posts: 3
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
Hi,I am sorry for boring all senior road bikes. I have same question like thousands rookies before. I am thinking to by my first road bike finally I am have two options Boardman Comp 2012 and Verenti Belief 2013 model. I want to listen from experience bikers pros/cons for both bikes. My point of view Boardman Pros: better gears Sram Apex, Mudguards mount. Cons: older model Verenti Pros: bigger geometry - better seats, what’s about chainsets: FSA Gossamer vs. FSA Omega, brakes? 4ZA, good?
detail:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/boardman-comp/
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/verenti-belief-2013/

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Boardman is only available at Halfords so at least you can go and have a look at it and the bikes usually get good reviews (unfortunately Halfords don't). Verenti is I believe exclusive to Wiggle so no chance of a test ride.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    diamonddog wrote:
    Boardman is only available at Halfords
    not 100% correct as it is available for shipping out side of the UK.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Oops sorry presumed UK buyer
  • Yes I am not from UK. That the reason why I am asking about your opinion I have no chance to test any of the bike.
    I can test bike with similar geometry from Scott, I guess.
    Wiggle deliver free of charge, that's nice.
  • markp80
    markp80 Posts: 444
    I have a 2012 Boardman Road Comp and have been very happy with it. I like the Apex shifters, the "Double Tap" system is very easy to use. The quality of the welding on the frame seems to be to a high standard, with all the joints very smooth. The compact groupset gives a good range as well, (50/34) and with a 32/11 cassette I find that to be low enough for the steep hills.
    The pedals weren't up to much, so I've swapped those for Shimano clipless, although I suspect that is the case with many new bikes. The Tektro brakes seem fine to me.
    I can't comment on the Verenti as I've never seen one, but I'm very happy with my Boardman. Hope that helps.

MarkP
    Boardman Road Comp - OK, I went to Halfords
    Tibia plateau fracture - the rehab continues!