Ant+ Cadence sensor

smoggysteve
smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
I am after a cheap Ant+ Cadence sensor to put on my old bike when I move my Garmin one onto my new bike. Since moving it back and forth is a task I really cannot be bothered doing I would rather just get a second one so I can just move the Garmin from bike to bike without losing the capability. Anyone know of what, where and how much I can pick one up for? So long as its Ant+ I dont care which make.

Cheers.

Comments

• cattytown
    cattytown Posts: 647
    If you really only need cadence, Bontrager do one - £22 at Evans, not sure about local to you. Most are combined cadence/speed. That would be about £24 for the giant at cyclestore.
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)
  • Neil_aky
    Neil_aky Posts: 211
    £16.99 speed and cadence from Decathlon: http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ant-speed-rate-sensor-id_8181211.html
  • 16mm
    16mm Posts: 545
    I've got the bontranger. Works great with G510, looks fine, attaches to frame and cranks with rubberized bands.

Not sure what the wire is for on the decathalon link?
  • cattytown
    cattytown Posts: 647
    The wire lets you put distance between speed and cadence sensors so the magnet for cadence doesn't trigger the speed sensor and vice versa.

Paul.
    Giant Defy 2
    Large bloke getting smaller :-)
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Cheers for the help. Just to clarify, I already own a cadence sensor, but I run 2 bikes depending on weather, race or training. I just need something that will replace the ant + sensor that comes with the garmin 500 I use on the second bike. So when I swap ride its just a case if bringing the GPS with me with minimal fuss.
  • 16mm
    16mm Posts: 545
    cattytown wrote:
    The wire lets you put distance between speed and cadence sensors so the magnet for cadence doesn't trigger the speed sensor and vice versa.

Paul.

OK, I thought it was just cadence.