The Crudders 2013 Formula 1 Thread

Comments

• 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Well i've given up on F1. What a boring sport it has become.

I'm out.

Me too, the shite tyres has ruined it.

And Suzy Perry has eaten too many pies.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    She's crap, sack her. She knows nothing about F1 and can't offer any insightful comments just what she's read off the autocue.

It is to be expected, given she's from the gadget show, home to reviews such as "we tested this DSLR and it's better than a £100 canon".
  • di Resta and Perez were the only people racing today.. I think Alonso summed it up pretty well though -

"for the ones fighting for the top places in the drivers championship, it was all about damage limitation. For those at the bottom of the table, it was a chance to actually keep up, take more risks and try and get points".

The setting for Monaco GP is superb, the GP itself is terrible.

Oh and yes, Suzi is shocking. Needs to be sacked.
    I like the Scottish bird though, actually replied to an F1 tweet of mine too!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I' still give Suzi one though. Well, several. Many times.
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Agreed, Pirelli have ruined the sport
    SV's 1m16s lap time on the penultimate lap proved "just how fast cars F1 can go"
    Nursing tyres makes F1 a boring "economy run"

As for the Monaco GP, the driver of the race had to be Adrian Sutil in the Force India, this was the class act
    Perez is a wildcard, he takes risks galore and paid the price when Kimi wouldn't be bullied out of position.
    Jenson Button seems to be whining more often as his McLaren can't keep up and as his team mate, Perez outdrives him.

Let's hope the dumb@sses at Pirelli have a decent tyre for the Canadian GP.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    supersonic wrote:
    Exactly. It's all about priorities guys.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    supersonic wrote:

pies?
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    matthew h wrote:
    supersonic wrote:

pies?

Yeah, i think he meant cream pies. Lol.

Wtf is this crap? Its not even racing anymore...Seb pushed and went 2 seconds quicker than anyone ON THE LAST LAP. The tyres should be nearing the end of their life by the end of the race if it was an actual race...i will carry on watching formula 1 though. Just hate that the whole race is just the drivers nursing their cars from lap 1. You can hear from the onboard shots that they are getting on the power so late through corners. Not just in Monaco. Jenson had to bloody lift through the tunnel in Monaco. What the hell!?

Kimi was outstanding after he came out the pits at the end. I was so annoyed when i thought he wasnt going to score a point, then when i saw the leaderboard at the end of the race i was shocked, and very happy.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    see the race was that good :? that no one posted in here.
    Seb although dominating at the front, i'm still not convinced on him. has he ever really proved that he can win without being on the front? ;)
    good to see the mercs up their game but where the feck have mclaren disapered to?

Sad to here the news of the marshal, 12 years clean.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    see the race was that good :? that no one posted in here.
    Seb although dominating at the front, i'm still not convinced on him. has he ever really proved that he can win without being on the front? ;)
    good to see the mercs up their game but where the feck have mclaren disapered to?

Sad to here the news of the marshal, 12 years clean.

true!

I'm so used to watching it on recorded & x2 - that watching it live I forgot about the forum and live timings - it was that good (ish)

Need Seb in a different car and Mclaren = the new williams.

Marshal - a sharp reminder of how much they do for us in the line of danger
  • gt-arrowhead
    This race was much better. But still wasnt really too exciting. I really wanted Bottas to have a good result. Wasnt to be :/ Probably because the Williams is just not able to keep up.

Aaaaaand Vettel wins again :roll: Im also not too sure he can put up a performance that dominant from elsewhere on the grid. I just read probably the most biggest BS ever. Red bull - "We are only concerned about safety" No, you only care about running away with the championship halfway through the season, you couldnt give a monkeys about anyone elses tyre delaminating. Just because they had/still are having tyre issues, and arent dominating already, they want the tyres changed. Perhaps they suddenly changed tune because of the Canada result...

Lotus sort of messed up Kimis race again, disappointment for me. Still think they would have been better off with a two stop strategy. They probably lost bucket loads of time trying to keep the tyres alive with a one stop. At least he matched Schumachers record with points scoring finishes. But in fairness to Schumi, he did it when you didnt get points for finishing in the top 10.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Webber to leave F1 at the end of this year.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • gt-arrowhead
    Read about that this morning. I am genuinely sad about him leaving. Hopefully his return to le mans goes well for him.
  • VWsurfbum
    been watching the F1 channel, you gotta think Kimi will be sitting next to vettal next year?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • gt-arrowhead
    To be honest im not too sure if i want that or not, im a Kimi fan, so i want him to carry on to prove how good of a driver he is in the Lotus. If he is driving the Redbull and winning races next year, people are just gonna say "ooo its just the car".
  • VWsurfbum
    exactly, I think he's better suited at lotus.
    I think Riccardo will fill his auzzy boots
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • gt-arrowhead
    He seems to be happy at Lotus. And Lotus have improved by quite some margin over last year. I hope that they can up their qualifying pace a bit though, as Kimi loses so much time being stuck behind other cars. Often when he gets freed from behind the slower cars he starts setting fastest laps.

I reckon that Lotus should have brought Webber into Lotus and got rid of Crashjean. Now that would be an amazing team. God knows how much money Crashjean has cost Lotus. Ridiculous! Even if they had to pay a hefty price to get Webber, they would probably end up paying more putting Grosjeans car back together.

I would love to see what Riccardo can do in a Redbull. Then we can have a perspective on just how good or bad Vettel is, and how much of a difference the car makes to the driver.
  • tlw1
    Got to be Ricardo - as what's the point in having a feeder team

Wildcard - Hamilton buys out his contract as performance targets not met
  • VWsurfbum
    Na, cant see that, thats like saying Alonso to leave ferrari.
    I can see hamilton at merc for at least 3 more seasons.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Na, cant see that, thats like saying Alonso to leave ferrari.
    I can see hamilton at merc for at least 3 more seasons.

the rumour at the time of the signing was this contract could be broken whereas the Maclaren offered contract wasn't. I too do doubt it, maybe if it was year two, Brawn has been kicked out and a lack of development he would go for it.
  • VWsurfbum
    1044417_10152985593235521_2134819561_n.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • tlw1
    Fantastic!
  • wmorgs
    wmorgs Posts: 113
    Thought nice easy Saturday watch tennis then F1 and Sue Barker tells us the Result of Quali :oops:
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Today was soooooo hot, tomorrow is going to be very exciting.
    Living MY dream.
  • gt-arrowhead
    Hot is good news for the Lotus cars. And the new tyres mean operating temps are 10 degrees lower. 4th for Kimi. Come on!!!
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    What a crazy day, managed to get a ride in this morning and just arrived in time, im feeling hardcore right now :)
    Living MY dream.
  • VWsurfbum
    it was good race and i like seeing the red bulls being reigned in a bit towards the end, that said it was a shame that the Merc was slow at the start.
    Webber did fantastically well, all be it helped by the safety car. that man gets no luck LOL
    Hamilton now 50+ points off the lead, you gotta think he's out of the running, but alonso and Kimi are just about hanging on?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • VWsurfbum
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24042352

Well that's not really a shocker!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Ive been following this Kimi to Ferrari thing really closely. Im still not sure if its the right move for him or not!

Ferrari are gonna find it hard to keep them both happy. And there is certainly going to be no second driver. Neither of them will become second drivers. Especially Kimi! My dad reckons that Kimi and Alonso will end up having a punch up at some point. :lol: