Bike Trailers...

mpatts
mpatts Posts: 1,010
edited August 2013 in Family & kids cycling forum
Friend of mine is a runner and an occasional cyclist looking for a bike trailers. When my little'un was little I had a a costco special, and it was dreadful. I spent a lot of time looking at burleys and chariots, but the cost is eye watering. Are there any other options, or should I just tell him to go for burley/chariot?
Insert bike here:

Comments

• baudman
    baudman Posts: 757
    It's certainly worth looking at Chariots - if only just to set the benchmark. Then, look at what some of the cheaper ones can offer. If used when running, the cheaper ones really don't stack up as well, but who knows. If sticking with Chariot, look at the second-hand prices. Chariots hold their prices pretty-well, and with good reason.

So, either buy 2nd hand. Or get the latest/greatest and then sell afterwards for an OK return (and consider it a 'rental') ;)
    Commute - MASI Souville3 | Road/CX - MASI Speciale CX | Family - 80s ugly | Utility - Cargobike
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    Go for the Chariot.
  • We have a Croozer Kid for 2 (dumb name, great trailer). It can be converted to a jogger or a push chair. They come with one or two seats. Couldn't be happier with it. It's mid-range - cheaper than a Chariot but more expensive than your stock-standard bike shop buy. Would have loved a Chariot (for the shock absorbers more than anything) but could not justify the additional cost - we mainly use it for the school run and the occasional longer weekend ride. Couldn't be happier. I've blogged about how we chose our trailer here: http://www.freewheelingfrance.com/blog/our-future-cyclist-takes-to-the-road.html.