What's this bike?

bluechair84
bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
edited July 2013 in MTB general
Don't worry, it's not some £50 cheap Tai Azonic copy from the 80's... I can't tell the brand name on the frame. Any ideas what thisis?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    http://www.achtung-tollwut.de/main/

just watch out for the

lawwill patent.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Just what I was envisaging!

You won't infringe the patent if you don't try and sell it, only build for yourself!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • nicklouse
    more to do with Mr BC talking about patenting his ideas....
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • bluechair84
    Whoa, I haven't said I'd patent my ideas, I don't think i'm doing anything patentable. I'd spotted the Lawill similarity too, I'll have to look into it to see if there's any clashes, though my current design uses short linkages, not full length ones. Thanks for the link, it actually looks like a great machine now I can see a bit more of it!
  • ditchit
    ditchit Posts: 44
    Looks hideous....Wonder how it rides!
    'Dont waste your time like an idiot on Facebook. Instead, visit an outdoor enthusiast forum and waste your time in style!' Mahatma Ghandi
  • nicklouse
    Whoa, I haven't said I'd patent my ideas, I don't think i'm doing anything patentable. I'd spotted the Lawill similarity too, I'll have to look into it to see if there's any clashes, though my current design uses short linkages, not full length ones. Thanks for the link, it actually looks like a great machine now I can see a bit more of it!
    do you have a linkage file yet? bung it in a mail and i will give it a once over FOC. as i will have a bit of spare time as DREs are on hols and waiting other designers to finish bits till i can go mad on my stuff.

also how much travel are you wanting and how long are the links?
  • bluechair84
    nicklouse wrote:
    do you have a linkage file yet? bung it in a mail and i will give it a once over FOC. as i will have a bit of spare time as DREs are on hols and waiting other designers to finish bits till i can go mad on my stuff.

also how much travel are you wanting and how long are the links?
    pm'ed. I'm considering a design with adjustable travel on the frame - 180/150. See what you think.
    Cheers
  • bluechair84
    ditchit wrote:
    Looks hideous....Wonder how it rides!
    Ahem, look back up, and stay on topic. No personal issues here please.