Spesh enduro 2011 frame bearing replacement, easy?

DodgeT
DodgeT Posts: 2,255
edited July 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
As above really. Got myself a set of frame bearings from katec and fancy having a go myself.

Am I mad to think this, are they typically easy on the enduro, or a b1tch?

Any tips, special bits needed?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Depends how easy they come out.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • maringirl
    maringirl Posts: 195
    Spesh frame bearings are a bit of a mare to get out - you will end up having to destroy some to do so. Especially the small ones. :evil: If you are not using proper pullers be very careful not to damage your frame! And eqaully be very careful to ensure they go in straight too - take your time - or take it to LBS to do!!.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Drop Katec a line he is usually happy to help and sells bearing tools.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    He's also probably got a vid on Youtube - he's done loads on different bikes and apart from the camera aiming in random directions they are very useful.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • stubs
    cooldad wrote:
    He's also probably got a vid on Youtube - he's done loads on different bikes and apart from the camera aiming in random directions they are very useful.

He deffo needs to invest in a tripod :lol:
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • DodgeT
    Got a couple of vids off him, rear dropouts look interesting..
  • stubs
    DodgeT wrote:
    Got a couple of vids off him, rear dropouts look interesting..

The dropout bearings are a pain in the bum they take some heavy duty thumping with a big hammer. Which is very nerve wracking, if you miss your going to need a new swinging arm :lol:
  • DodgeT
    Will strip her down and give it a go, at worst will get lbs to do the dropouts if I struggle.