Difference between Pro 2 and (MTB) Pro 3 hubs

ratherbeintobago
ratherbeintobago Posts: 636
edited July 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
As above; anyone know what the differences between Hope Pro 2 and Pro 3 hubs (as used in some of their MTB wheels) are, aside from a non-standard disc mount? Rumour has it with the revised Pro 2 Evo internals, not much.

Also, has anyone heard if they'll be making Pro 3 29er/650b wheels?

Andy

Comments

• *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Pro 3 are non disc?
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    i think they are a 3 bolt rotor mount or something different to 6 bolt or shimano centrelock
  • *AJ* wrote:
    Pro 3 are non disc?

They don't (didn't?) make a Pro 2 road hub, and their current road hubs use Pro 3 internals.

They also make some MTB wheels using Pro 3 hubs; these are either six-bolt IS or use three (XC) or four (AM) bolt disc mounts.
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    I thought the pro3 was the road version of the pro2? I must be mistaken though!
  • *AJ* wrote:
    I thought the pro3 was the road version of the pro2? I must be mistaken though!

No, I don't think it's as straightforward as that (hence why I was asking) - for example the Pro 3 XC front hubs won't convert to 20mm, only 15mm whereas Pro 2 Evos will do all.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    If you buy hubs on their own then the Pro3 is the road version.

If you look at Hope Hoops the Pro3s come in straight pull and with either the 3, 4 or 6 bolt rotor mounts. They used to have different axles and bearings, but I don't think they do any more.