Rapha customer service

stueys
stueys Posts: 1,332
edited July 2013 in Road buying advice
Wanted to pass on my recent experience with Rapha's customer service. Normally i run with castelli bibs (I like the fit) but wanted to try the new lightweight ones for the Etape. Duely ordered on-line and paid the extra charge for next day delivery so I could give the shorts a spin on my Sunday ride befor the main event.

Friday came and no delivery arrived. Ok, I've been here before with Rapha online when the warehouse moved. Gave them a call and discovered that another part of my order had been held at customs hence the delay in sending. I explained I wanted them for the weekend to ride pre-Etape. Immediately Rapha offered to courier me a set of shorts anywhere in London, I fancied heading home at this point (it was 4:30 on Friday, a beer was calling) so declined and said I would pop into the store to get a pair. In the time it took me to get to the store, they had been called, a pair was waiting for me with a nice discount for the trouble.

Have to say I was impressed.

Ps shorts are great, they just edge my inferno's.

Comments

• Why was something held up at customs to be delivered to London?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I'm not sure why you're impressed, I wouldn't have been. It meant you running around to get your goods, not a good thing when you mail ordered.
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    giant man wrote:
    I'm not sure why you're impressed, I wouldn't have been. It meant you running around to get your goods, not a good thing when you mail ordered.
    that was his choice
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    Ive had amazing customer service, they have replaced jacket, shorts, bib tights, jersey with no trouble at all.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • Brakeless
    Brakeless Posts: 865
    giant man wrote:

All companies make mistakes. It's how the mistakes are dealt with that matters!
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    giant man wrote:

Were those Winter Gloves really that bad? ;-)
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    he he .. you have no idea lol
  • LegendLust
    LegendLust Posts: 1,022
    Brakeless wrote:
    giant man wrote:

All companies make mistakes. It's how the mistakes are dealt with that matters!

Exactly
  • stueys
    Why was something held up at customs to be delivered to London?

I'm guessing the goods aren't made in London, or the UK for that matter.
  • stueys
    giant man wrote:
    that was his choice

Exactly. It was a five minute walk and my choice as I wanted the shorts for the weekend ride. The other option I was given was to sit and get the shorts couriered to me.

It's amazing the reaction Rapha drives on here. I get people may not like the 'image' but surely we can recognise good products and good service, irrespective of marketing taste :?
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I returned two pairs of the lightweight shorts. They fit me really well, but unfortunately I stumbled upon a faulty batch (Rapha's admission) and both pairs had damaged elastic in the bottom of the leg.

So first time I exchanged like for like and they threw in a free t-shirt to make up for me having to ride down to the store.

The second time, they asked me if I'd like to upgrade (for no extra cost) to either the Classic or Pro bibs. I went for the Classic bibs.

Their customer service is second to none, it really is.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/