Just signed up

gje1973
gje1973 Posts: 5
edited June 2013 in MTB beginners
Just saying hi.

Just signed up to the site and have upgraded my bike from an Apollo XC26 to a Carrera Kracken.

Wow what a difference.

Got it on the cycle to work scheme so will be using it for cycling to and from work and family rides along the canal.

A work collegue has asked my to go to the Brecon Beast with him in September. Anyone done this?

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hi,
    Good move, the Kraken is an MTB, the Apollo just looks vaguely like one!

Have a look at the links in my sig as to what can be done to Carreras!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Stu Coops
    Stu Coops Posts: 426
    Yes done it twice both times it rained all day and was absolutely miserable but the route is pretty good there's two distances the shorter one has a short cut which takes off around 20k, the whole route is rollable with about 10k on road at the start from Brecon, fair bit of climbing but again nothing to demanding.

HT or FS is fine but take your own snacks as the bananas and chocolate which are supposed to be provided enroute always run out, if the weather is good you'll have a really good day but the both times we did it the rain came down for about a week prior to the event and a lot of the route was like riding through porridge.
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • gje1973
    Thanks, better get myself in training then :-)

What does HT or FS mean in your reply?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Hardtail or full suspension.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • gje1973
    Thank you