My Ribbles. R872 and Sportive Racing

schofie
schofie Posts: 280
edited August 2013 in Your road bikes
So this is how my R872 used to look:

RibbleStealth_zps6ee54253.jpg

It didn't look the best, too much going on, so this is how it now looks. It doesn't go out in the wet!

IMG_3865_zps8062912b.jpg

IMG_3866_zpscb270835.jpg

IMG_3867_zps79ab4571.jpg

This is my all weather bike:

IMG_3868_zps9e6efd04.jpg

IMG_3869_zps2645be66.jpg

IMG_3870_zps311f27f8.jpg

Will add specs later
Everything you see on TV reflects, accentuates and perpetuates the worst of the human ego. Watch the news tonight and see the separation, persecution and retribution rained down on our fellow man. We're all mad

Comments

• schofie
    So specs are as follows:

R872 weight 7.2kg
    Chorus 10s groupset except brakes which are Planet X ultralight CNC
    Fulcrum Racing 3 wheels
    Deda zero 100 seatpost
    Specialized Romin Expert saddle
    Ritchey WCS EVO Curve bars
    Ritchey WCS 4 Axis stem

Sportive Racing weight 7.8kg
    Ultegra 6700 group
    Fulcrum Racing 5 Evolution wheels
    Pro Vibe 7s seat post
    Specialized Romin Expert saddle
    Ritchey WCS EVO Curve bars
    Ritchey C260 stem
    Everything you see on TV reflects, accentuates and perpetuates the worst of the human ego. Watch the news tonight and see the separation, persecution and retribution rained down on our fellow man. We're all mad
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    Nice improvement with the 872, wasnt a fan of the tyres, white on black and the god awful angle of the bars and shifter position. Much better now though.

I have a GF and a Stealth (872) so I can relate
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • schofie
    Indeed. Someone suggested on here that I shorten the stem and rearrange the shifters, might have been yourself. I did that and swapped the bars out for the Ritcheys which have a shallower drop and slightly less reach. The result is that I'm now still comfortable out of the saddle on the hoods but have better braking on the descents and can spend more time on the drops. Winner all round. Not that it matters a hoot at the minute because I've been out for 3 months with an achilles injury that is still keeping me off the bike :evil:
  • Humpo33
    Humpo33 Posts: 1
    nice bike, would you mind telling me where the gold accessories can be bought? Thanks!