Strava Junedoggle

englander
englander Posts: 232
edited July 2013 in Road general
Following on from the May Massive thread, how have people done in June?

After a very poor and effort in May (exams), I was true to my word and upped my game from June, increasing my kilometre-age from a miserly 707km to a more satisfactory 1287km. That currently puts me at 4,443rd overall, but I expect that number to drop a bit as people get their Sunday rides uploaded.
Specialized Allez 2010
Strava

Comments

• Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    Pitiful to be honest,not been my best month for sure,only managed.......................erm..............i aint telling. :D

What the challenge for July,nothing on the website yet?
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Only 888km... Ok but I could have done better. Quite a few days this month when the weather was rubbish and I couldn't be bothered
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I'm on 1072km... which I think is pretty good since I had a week off, and two low mileage weeks due to illness.
  • neal1984
    neal1984 Posts: 240
    891 which is good for me although I did aim for 1000.

Life is like riding a bicycle: you don't fall off unless you stop pedaling.

Scott Foil Team Issue HMX Di2
    Boardman Team Carbon LTD
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    I hit 1000
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    937km for me. I would have liked to break the 1,000, but I can live with it. Had to take the first week of june off as it was TT race week, and other than road closures, I hate competing for road space with 200mph bikes.
    [/lame excuses or underperforming]

In other news, 937km puts me 2nd in my "country" :lol:
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,924
    Just uploaded today's ride and I'll finish up with 1275km.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • dee4life2005
    dee4life2005 Posts: 773
    1535km at the moment, may go for another 20 miles later.
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Have to say, I'm looking forward to the Rapha elevation challenge in July. That should seperate the men from the communters ;)
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    Have to say, I'm looking forward to the Rapha elevation challenge in July. That should seperate the men from the communters ;)

Gutted.

Have done over 20000m of climbing this month. July is spent tapering for London-Edinburgh-London - so no big climbing weekends for me. Groovy.

Hope for another climbing challenge in September when I'm out in the Pyrenees.

Junedongle ended up with 1800 and something km, which is okay.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,802
    1089 not including commute.

We arrive in the Alps on the 14th and leave on the 21st, so the Rapha challenge should be doable ;-)
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    1856km - a bit of off-formness this month stopped me doubling the target as per last month.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • 1429 km for me.

John
  • kettrinboy
    kettrinboy Posts: 613
    1524 km,s for me and i put in a request to the Strava bods to include 1250 and 1500 km awards as they only go up to 1000 km,s at the moment, the box that comes up when you click on the challenge has got room for two more awards besides the current four so why not use it, anyway somebody got back to me and said they will consider it but i wont hold my breath.
  • hatch87
    hatch87 Posts: 352
    561km, A bit different to the rest of you, but still a pb for me.

I think the July challenge is the TDF one. I'm looking forward to the Ralpha Rising challenge, might even have a chance of completing my first challenge
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/686217
    Come on! You call this a storm? Blow, you son of a bitch! Blow! It's time for a showdown! You and me! I'm right here! Come and get me!
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    877 miles or 1410km in euros. Best monthly total so far.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Cheshire Cat
    Cheshire Cat Posts: 309
    Managed 1919km...just shy of the 2k mark, bugger.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • Jon_1976
    Jon_1976 Posts: 690
    Didn't bother entering this time. Did 1075 km, so not a huge amount anyway.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052

Depends where you commute :wink:

2000ft + a day on my commute plus the Marmotte should put me up there 8)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • AlahDamIt
    AlahDamIt Posts: 44
    978km, checked after a 76 mile run today, because I'd cooled down and had a shower watching TDF one.
    Bianchi infinito 2012
    Specialized Secteur
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I've set myself a new challenge of trying to get bottom of all my local segments - I nearly got bottom of the junedoggle but just missed out I did 0km as well - drat. :evil:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    itboffin wrote:

No it won't. The Marmotte is too early to count.

The altitude challenge runs from 14th to 21st July, just 7 days to do over 7000m of climbing.

Fortunately, that's exactly when I'll be in the Alps tour guiding, so I'm quite confident for this one!

Mt. Ventoux on Sunday 14th, will kick off with >1600m.

(Oh, and 1345km for the Junedoggle).
  • djm501
    djm501 Posts: 378
    itboffin wrote:

No it won't. The Marmotte is too early to count.

The altitude challenge runs from 14th to 21st July, just 7 days to do over 7000m of climbing.

Fortunately, that's exactly when I'll be in the Alps tour guiding, so I'm quite confident for this one!

Mt. Ventoux on Sunday 14th, will kick off with >1600m.

(Oh, and 1345km for the Junedoggle).

Bloody 14th :roll:
    I'm doing a long audax involving 6500 m of climbing... guess when... yes, you guessed it - the bloody 13th! :roll:

And who says we don't do the rides for Strava or Bike radar kudos? ;-)
  • n4th4n007
    n4th4n007 Posts: 364
    Went big on the first week of June and managed 1st place. At 2020 at the moment......

BMLsF7nCMAAFZku.jpg:large

At 2020 at the moment......
  • James H-S
    James H-S Posts: 139
    Still just inside the top 200 with 2350kms cycled :)
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 367
    Anyone know if there'll be a July one? Are they still trying to come up with a name for it?
  • englander
    englander Posts: 232
    pinkteapot wrote:
    Anyone know if there'll be a July one? Are they still trying to come up with a name for it?

July's one is the elevation challenge I believe. There isn't a distance based one as with May/June.
    Specialized Allez 2010
    Strava
  • hatch87
    Englander wrote:
    pinkteapot wrote:

July's one is the elevation challenge I believe. There isn't a distance based one as with May/June.

The distance one is the powerbar take on the tour
    Come on! You call this a storm? Blow, you son of a bitch! Blow! It's time for a showdown! You and me! I'm right here! Come and get me!
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 367
    hatch87 wrote:
    Englander wrote:
    pinkteapot wrote:

The distance one is the powerbar take on the tour

I saw that one, but I won't get anywhere near the distance they're challenging you to ride. Preferred the "ride as far as you can" approach. :D
  • hatch87
    it does say there is 4 achievements to be earned, I just don't know what 3 of them are lol