Another CR1 SL......

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited July 2013 in Your road bikes
Thanks to Westbrook Cycles for doing such a cracking deal on this frame (and Merlin for a similarly great deal on the Force groupset). Everything else either from eBay or transferred for previous bike.....16.2 lbs

CR1SL3_zps0a8a5202.jpg

Rides brilliantly and surprisingly smooth, and great on climbs. The 54cm frame is also a perfect fit for me at 5'8" and a bit. Hope you like...
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• jermas
    jermas Posts: 484
    Very similar to mine. You're right about being a nice ride, I'm really pleased with mine.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    jermas wrote:
    Very similar to mine. You're right about being a nice ride, I'm really pleased with mine.

Have we seen yours yet ?

Perhaps we should have a "Show us your CR1 SL's" thread ? as they seem to be dotted all over Bikeradar.

I'll start one tomorrow when mine arrives.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • luv2ride
    Come on Galatzo, where's yours then???
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    In the conservatory !
    Yet to download the pics I took but not sure the light was good enough so may do some more tomorrow.
    Speaking of light it weighs 6.9 kg with pedals and cages etc and a 29 on the back !
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Is that supposed to be the 'Sportive/Comfort' frame? Because that looks sporty to me still and beautiful quite frankly. I don't see many concessions to comfort, no curved seat stays for example, but the HT is obviously taller.

Looks really nice. How does it ride?

Have been looking at the new Addict SL over the last few days and pondering...
  • luv2ride
    Is that supposed to be the 'Sportive/Comfort' frame? Because that looks sporty to me still and beautiful quite frankly. I don't see many concessions to comfort, no curved seat stays for example, but the HT is obviously taller.

Looks really nice. How does it ride?

Have been looking at the new Addict SL over the last few days and pondering...

Ive managed to get the position set up similar to my outgoing Roubaix, although head tube is 9mm shorter and top tube (only) 3 mm shorter. Ride is more direct, much stiffer when pushing on and climbing, but surprisingly comfy. All down to the frame design and the flattened seat and chain stays which offer a degree of compliance. I must admit to preferring the semi-compact design, with only a slight slope to the top tube. Loving it so far...