Izalco Team 3.0

uberkraaft
uberkraaft Posts: 97
edited June 2013 in Your road bikes
I originally ordered a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 7.0 Di2 back in March as an birthday present for my upcoming 40th ... after waiting a couple of months and hearing all the supply problems, having misgivings about not having sat on the thing, unsure about the electronic shifting & sizing - I found this Focus at Swift in London with about £1800 off! So I couldn't resist.

Spec

Focus Izalco Team - M/54cm
3T Rigida Team T4 carbon forks
Mavic Ksyrium SR wheelset
DuraAce throughout
FSA Wing Pro Road handlebar
FSA OS-99 CSI Black Edition stem
FSA K-Force Black Edition seatpost
Prologo C-One 50 covered carbon saddle
Jagwire cables
105 pedals
Conti 4000s

Weight - 7.1kg w/o pedals

photo+1.JPG
photo+3.JPG
photo+4.JPG
photo+5.JPG
photo+2.JPG

Loving every ride at the moment. Average speed on familiar routes has jumped 2mph. Was worried that I'd regret jumping from the Canyon but it's such a beauty I haven't given it a second thought. The only issue is a bit of carbon creakiness, but I'm sure I'll find the cause eventually :D

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Looks nice.
  • denniskwok
    denniskwok Posts: 339
    Lovely ride. Focus make some great bikes.
  • Alexvs
    Alexvs Posts: 52
    Love that! I picked up my Cayo Evo 4 last night and they're beautiful bikes! When I was in the shop a couple of weeks ago picking it out one of the team riders (lbs sponsored Focus team) came in with his Sunday best bike which was the Team 1 I believe with SRAM Red and Rotor cranks and that was a stunner.
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    That's one hell of a bike, I was going for a lesser model Focus before buying my Cube, something like your model will be firmly at the top of my list next time. Enjoy!
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    super bike, I'm coming over all Milram just looking at it!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Very nice. But...
    Needs white tape or a black saddle.... collars and cuffs darling, collars and cuffs ... !

Personally I'd go black saddle.
    How'd you like them wheels ?(I have a pair)
    And how much was it ?
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Or
    If you have white bars as it appears to have, get a white stem and some blacker tape, although that is a nice stem.
    Hmm black saddle I think.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    very smart...
  • uberkraaft
    uberkraaft Posts: 97
    Thanks guys - I'm super happy with her ;)

Alexvs - Nice bike - love the Cayos - wrong shape for me though :D - Bet it's a cracking ride!

Thanks Supermurph09 - Ha! Cube were on my list ... in fact my dad (72 ahem) just bought one of these http://www.cube.eu/en/road/road-race/litening-super-hpc-pro/ ... Lovely lovely bikes.

Yellow Peril - Aw yeah ... although the Team SL is the 'sex wee' one for me http://pinterest.com/pin/197384396140361296/

Galatzo - :D Never white tape. Yep the bars are white. I had a Black Romin saddle earmarked but tbh the Prologo is so comfortable (&expensive) it seemed pointless changing it, especially since it's covered up by my backside ;) - You can't really see from the pics, the frame is a mixture of raw carbon & painted black areas - matching the charcoal tape (its really really nice tape) ... I think it works like that, especially with my riding togs!

Wheels seem to be brilliant - I had some pretty early Ksyrium SLs on my steel bike though - the difference isnn't that obvious to be fair.

I paid £3k here - http://www.swiftcycles.co.uk/projects/focus-izalco-team-3 - looks like they can still get them from Focus too ;)
  • Alexvs
    I didn't think there was anything in it as far as shape goes as the geometry looks similar to me between the Izalco and Cayo on the Focus website, I thought the main difference is the Cayo is slightly more forgiving so not as stiff. I went out for my first ride and did just under 42 miles at 15.89mph which I was very happy with being my first ride back in 3 weeks and first on this bike. It's so much better than my old Specialized Secteur Comp, stiff but still forgiving, just need to get used to the Prologo saddle as seems firmer than my old Fizik Arione. Can't wait to get out again hopefully tomorrow!

Your dad's new bike is lovely, I was looking at the Cube Agree GTC SLT and wasn't much in it as love the matte finish on them but for the money the Focus couldn't be beat. I'm with you on the Team SL, that is a beauty.....one day I'll have one....if only!
  • denniskwok
    denniskwok Posts: 339
    Alexvs wrote:
    I didn't think there was anything in it as far as shape goes as the geometry looks similar to me between the Izalco and Cayo on the Focus website, I thought the main difference is the Cayo is slightly more forgiving so not as stiff.

Yes, both bikes have almost identical geometry, but the Cayo is only available in five frame sizes compared to seven for the Izalco.

I love my onw Cayo Evo.
  • Alexvs
    denniskwok wrote:
    Alexvs wrote:
    I didn't think there was anything in it as far as shape goes as the geometry looks similar to me between the Izalco and Cayo on the Focus website, I thought the main difference is the Cayo is slightly more forgiving so not as stiff.

Yes, both bikes have almost identical geometry, but the Cayo is only available in five frame sizes compared to seven for the Izalco.

I love my onw Cayo Evo.
    Got ya, thanks for clearing that up :)

They are lovely bikes and I don't see any when out riding so they're not overly popular which is good too.