Sunny Saturday (Hopefully!)

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Up and almost ready to go out on our CC2CC training ride in the Peaks, with Richie63 leading the way. Currently stocking myself up with some weetabix and tea, then having bacons when I arrive in the Peaks :D

When I get home, a bath will be on order I think, followed by some boring housework, then over to Bury.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I too hope to get out on the bike today for some CC2CC action. Need to find a new place to ride though.

The rest of the day is unplanned. Might have to pop into town spend some money on crap
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Had planned to go out first thing but got a bit H'd last night and then realised the F1 practice is on so I'll go out shortly. Weather improving all the time too I should get a good dry run.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,474
    Morning Twunts,

Tired - a bit too much whisky last night, then decided to stay up and flick between 'Starship Troopers' and 'The Running Man' on the box. Now having coffee to put things right and will be getting a bacon sarni in town shortly as feeling very lazy despite having loads to do!

Might get round to fettling The Bruiser a bit later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Morning homos.

Quiet day today, sat down with a cuppa about to watch the Lions.

Might tidy up the garage later.

Tomorrow is my last big ride before the Lighthouses challenge next week. Hoping for a full century, test run around the course, but we'll see.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

So far this morning the microwave has exploded and I got a nice little shock from the ipod/speaker combo just now. I'm going to sit outside all day and just twiddle my thumbs before I break something else.

TTFN
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Afternoon all,

Slow cooked beef n chorizo stew in slow cooker, lunch eaten and go out for a spin soon. Nasty woman house mate is being as pleasant as always. But offer was accepted on a flat last week so lots of waiting now.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Been a good day so far, woke up a bit below par after we ended up with a few friends over last night.

Today has been fun as we went to the kids schools summer event thing - in which the dads beat the army in the tug of war - much fun and beer was enjoyed. Later is taking the wife our for a nice meal
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Watched the Lions in bed this morning on the laptop as I was too hungover to even make my way to the sofa. Actually, for reasons unknown that's where I woke up this morning. We had an office party last night and it was very, very messy.

Hoping to get my van fixed tomorrow and then for what will likely be my final spin on the Tomac. The hassle with spares etc and the bodging I had to do with new bearings means I've got no confidence in riding it hard, so bought a Nukeproof Mega and will be slapping all my old bits on it.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Just got back in Bury. I'm absolutely farked! A fantastic ride has been had, 37ish miles completed, and about 1400m climbing I believe. Took us all day, but it was great fun, painful and tiring.
    Got to meet Clank and Foxc (who didn't end in a ditch, though I did get to follow her... 8) ).

My ar$e hurts like hell though as the padding in my shorts was rubbing. Ouch!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Your arse as foxc nailed you up the chuff.