PTP - Thomas falls sweepstake

alan_a
alan_a Posts: 1,549
edited July 2019 in Pro race
Alan A wrote:
There should be bonus PTP points to the person who guesses at what point Thomas falls off on a descent. :mrgreen:

If there is a sweepstake I'll take stage 2.

Total number of Thomas falls caught on camera - 9

Wee bit of fun. I'll donate 2 x 20cl sample bottles of bloody lovely expensive whisky for a sweepstake as to which stage Geraint first falls off his bike and how many times he is caught on camera crashing. Obviously it goes without saying that I / we wish him no harm and lots of success in this TdF.

Just for fun.

stage he first falls off.

2. Alan A

Total number of crashes he's involved in.

Alan A - 5

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    I'll say no crashes at all.

He crashes in classics because he moves through a pack with the same subtlety and caution as a thirteen year old playing Grand Theft Auto
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • 123oldman
    123oldman Posts: 268
    Just for giggles :lol:
    Stg 1
    Down on camera twice

Despite this, goes on to finish high up :)
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,192
    This is a bit pathetic, no?
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Who had stage 1?

Team Sky ‏@TeamSky 7m
    It was @GeraintThomas86 who went down in the crash for @TeamSky. Rest of team narrowly avoided. Full updates to come in race report #TDF
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,925
    Away for an xray.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    edited June 2013
    Away for an xray.
    Hope he's okay.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • alan_a
    Ach FFS G Man. Hope you're ok & get back on the bike tomorrow

123oldman wrote:
    Just for giggles :lol:
    Stg 1
    Down on camera twice

Despite this, goes on to finish high up :)

Looks like I'm a whisky down. PM me your details and I'll get it sent to you.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Sad to hear G might be hurt, but this thread is fantastic.
  • Walter White
    Walter White Posts: 238
    You gotta laugh.

Should change it now to how many times hes going to come off during the race, be suprising if is this going to be the last crash of his.
  • TommyB61
    TommyB61 Posts: 103
    Poor thread.
  • cogidubnus
    cogidubnus Posts: 860
    lmao brilliant thread
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    TommyB61 wrote:
    Poor thread.

C'mon ... G falls off his bike more often than Ollie Reed fell off the wagon ...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Can I just put my name on every stage? He seems to spend more time on the tarmac this year than in the saddle.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,192
    TommyB61 wrote:
    Poor thread.

Agreed. A load of keyboard warriors making fun of a pro bike rider for events that are largely out of his control and could end in serious injury. Crashing is really fun isn't it :roll: :?
  • alan_a
    I'm far from a keyboard warrior.

Have you ever watched old episodes of Fantasy Football or Roy & HG?

We''re not wishing harm to G. Just having a giggle at the fact that he always seems to be the one ending up on the ground. We took the piss out of Menchov in a similar vein.
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    I hope he stays away from real harm and isn't injured or worse in any race but come on, have a sense of humour. Bike riders fall off, it's part of the sport and what makes them tough as fcvk so a wee giggle at yet another incident is allowed.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,284
    nweststeyn wrote:
    I hope he stays away from real harm and isn't injured or worse in any race but come on, have a sense of humour. Bike riders fall off, it's part of the sport and what makes them tough as fcvk so a wee giggle at yet another incident is allowed.

I've no problem with this thread at all (I was going to claim stage 1, and have now missed a whisky), but on the stage 1 spoiler there are a couple of posts that seem to be positively gloating about Thomas crashing, posted while the poor bastard was on his way for an X-Ray.
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Geraint Thomas got confused as he actually had to do a "Left & Right" turn !!!! "Im a trakkie i dont do turns said the most dangerous rider in the bunch" 8)

That was posted before anyone knew how he crashed, or how bad his injuries were. Pure w@nkery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    nweststeyn wrote:

I've no problem with this thread at all (I was going to claim stage 1, and have now missed a whisky), but on the stage 1 spoiler there are a couple of posts that seem to be positively gloating about Thomas crashing, posted while the poor bastard was on his way for an X-Ray.
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Geraint Thomas got confused as he actually had to do a "Left & Right" turn !!!! "Im a trakkie i dont do turns said the most dangerous rider in the bunch" 8)

That was posted before anyone knew how he crashed, or how bad his injuries were. Pure w@nkery.

Get F***ing over yourself eh. do you seriously think i was gloating and wished injury on the guy ? - some sportsman get tagged as being unfortunate or just get the pee took out of them. I was not the only one so go and take a flying F**k
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    nweststeyn wrote:

Gazzetta67 wrote:

Get F***ing over yourself eh. do you seriously think i was gloating and wished injury on the guy ? - some sportsman get tagged as being unfortunate or just get the pee took out of them. I was not the only one so go and take a flying F**k

Sorry, but I won't be taking advice from someone whose first reaction to a major crash with TV pictures of riders with kit and skin torn to shreds and clutching collarbones is to crack a "joke" so old they have a copy of it in the antiquities section of the British Museum and call one of the crashed riders "the most dangerous rider in the bunch".

If you don't want to be wrongly taken for a tw@t then do yourself a favour and don't post like one.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    nweststeyn wrote:

Gazzetta67 wrote:

Sorry, but I won't be taking advice from someone whose first reaction to a major crash with TV pictures of riders with kit and skin torn to shreds and clutching collarbones is to crack a "joke" so old they have a copy of it in the antiquities section of the British Museum and call one of the crashed riders "the most dangerous rider in the bunch".

If you don't want to be wrongly taken for a tw@t then do yourself a favour and don't post like one.

Yeah whatever inspector morse of the forum. go and have a lie down in a dark corner and go look up "Why i should stop taking things so seriously to heart"
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    nweststeyn wrote:

Gazzetta67 wrote:

Yeah whatever inspector morse of the forum. go and have a lie down in a dark corner and go look up "Why i should stop taking things so seriously to heart"

Strange advice from someone who flew off the handle at my original post. I'd pause for a moment of quiet self-reflection if I were you. If you've got the time (and I appreciate this could take you a while) you might also want to revisit the post I took objection to and have a little think about why it might not actually have been hilariously funny.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    nweststeyn wrote:

Gazzetta67 wrote:

Strange advice from someone who flew off the handle at my original post. I'd pause for a moment of quiet self-reflection if I were you. If you've got the time (and I appreciate this could take you a while) you might also want to revisit the post I took objection to and have a little think about why it might not actually have been hilariously funny.

Hmmm yes. "Flew off the Handle" pot calling kettle me thinks :roll:
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    nweststeyn wrote:

Gazzetta67 wrote:

No, not really. I've not been anywhere close to flying off the handle. Nor did I lead out with the old "calm down and stop taking it all so seriously".

I'll stop now, as this conversation feels disconcertingly like I've been picking on the thick kid in the class.
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    nweststeyn wrote:

Gazzetta67 wrote:

No, not really. I've not been anywhere close to flying off the handle. Nor did I lead out with the old "calm down and stop taking it all so seriously".

I'll stop now, as this conversation feels disconcertingly like I've been picking on the thick kid in the class.

Nah more like you want the last word on it and am not playing ball at your pure W@nkery.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Gazzetta67 wrote:

Haha - That's funny :lol:
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 1,737
    Just out of interest. Does Geraint T = the most dangerous rider in the peloton?

Is that fact or perception?

Does anybody have any stats or better still.....a graph?
  • alan_a
    123oldman doesn't drink so the first bottle of whisky is back up for grabs.

Which will be the next stage that G-man gets down and durty with French tarmac?

Get it correct and some rather special Scotch is yours.

www.whiskycomedian.com for more info on my whiskies
  • Walter White
    Walter White Posts: 238
    Blimey, some people getting way to precious in here, cheer up!, thinking anyone is wishing ill will on Thomas is way way off the mark.

Anyway on a lighter note heres Geraint taking his new scooter for a spin... :lol:

buellernaris-26235144Wr98ORX2.gif
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Blimey, some people getting way to precious in here, cheer up!, thinking anyone is wishing ill will on Thomas is way way off the mark.

Anyway on a lighter note heres Geraint taking his new moped for a spin... :lol:

buellernaris-26235144Wr98ORX2.gif

:lol::lol:

Tomorrow is windy so I'll go for that

2. Alan A
    3. Cleat E

Total number of crashes he's involved in.

Alan A - 5
    C Eastwood - 3
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • skylla
    skylla Posts: 758
    Alan A wrote:
    123oldman doesn't drink so the first bottle of whisky is back up for grabs.

Which will be the next stage that G-man gets down and durty with French tarmac?

Get it correct and some rather special Scotch is yours.

http://www.whiskycomedian.com for more info on my whiskies

oh please, can gazetta67 have it instead? teehee!