FFC want in on the action

Comments

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,567
    Don't the French have enough top-tier pro teams already? Surely they could just take over Europcar, considering it is struggling to find a sponsor...
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Don't the French have enough top-tier pro teams already? Surely they could just take over Europcar, considering it is struggling to find a sponsor...

Not top tier. Europcar is Pro-Conti FDJ only made it to WT because of Katusha. Ag2R is only real WT team but not with big budget?

I think they are talking top tier like SKY, Quickstep, Astana,Katusha etc with a budget to match
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,344
    dish_dash wrote:

Not top tier. Europcar is Pro-Conti FDJ only made it to WT because of Katusha. Ag2R is only real WT team but not with big budget?

I think they are talking top tier like SKY, Quickstep, Astana,Katusha etc with a budget to match

Yes, but why start from scratch when you could start with Europcar? Two of France's most popular riders on the team, one tipped for big things.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

So they need to find a sugar daddy who likes cycling, like all those teams :P
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,134
    What's Bernard Tapie up to these days?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,134
    Apart from being charged with fraud. Again.