Scott CR1 SL (another Westie!)

dru
dru Posts: 1,341
edited June 2013 in Your road bikes
Just finished building up my 'Westie special' Scott CR1 SL. Typical South Wales weather means its raining so not taking it out side. so picture will be replaced in time with suitable arty ones - also need to micro adjust the saddle as well as get some of the spare fork cut off.

Brief was to make a light bike suitable for long summer days in the saddle along with a bit of climbing (although will change casstte before then!)

Donar Bike was my Cervelo S1 where the SRAM Red groupset came from along with saddle and bars.
Built up by myself, only job I didn't do was the headset bearing and crown race installation done by the LBS.

Was going to go for hand built climbing wheels - but holding out for them for next year so for know shod with a good allrounder although heavy for climbing wheels at 1650gms)

I'm really pleased with it and hopefully will be able to go for my first ride on her this weekend.

Enjoy

cr1sl_zps0b5bbf33.jpgMain Info

Frame: Scott CR1 SL HMX

Groupset: SRAM Red

Cranks: Rotor 3D compact 170mm
Chainring(s): Stronglight 50T/36T
Cassette: SRAM OG 1090 11T-23T

Wheelset: FFWD F4R Clinchers
Tyres: Vittoria CORSO EVO CXII 23mm
Q/R: Planet X QR Silver

Bars: 3T Ergonova Pro (40cm)
Stem: 3T Stem Team (110mm)
Seat Post: 3T Dorico Team (31.6mm x 350mm)

Saddle: Selle Italia SLR XC
Bar Tape: Black Bontrager
Pedals: Look Keo Easy
Cages: Generic Carbon (will be replaced with Elites)

Weight: 7.1kg as pictured

Comments

• galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Nice, is it an XS ? and what height are you ?
    LBS are building mine now, a Small, and looking at yours thinking an XS may have been suitable too, either way I'll know by tomorrow afternoon latest.
    Think the mid section wheels look pretty good actually as when I first looked at these frames I thought it'd have to be shallow profile jobbies, but as you say something lighter would be better for a bike like this.
    Enjoy.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Now wishing I'd bought one of these in my size when I had a chance, nice I like it.
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Markjaspi wrote:
    Now wishing I'd bought one of these in my size when I had a chance, nice I like it.

You can still get the 'Pro' frame, which isn't as good as the SL, but still good.
  • Miklosh
    Miklosh Posts: 54
    Looks great.
    I've been looking at FFWD wheels, what's you opinion of them?
    2012 Bottecchia Super 8Avio 105
    2007 Focus Variado 105
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Now to cut the steerer and level the saddle. You don't want Gilly taking the piss!
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg