Recovery & Warm Water Dependency

Remarkable
Remarkable Posts: 187
I always seem to recover with warm water better than cold. Just curious as most of the articles and books I have read of late seem to support the idea of cold water aiding recovery, as it helps reduce inflammation etc. What do you think?

Comments

• danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Try a very easy 30mins-1hr Z1 recovery ride instead of a total rest day.
  • Remarkable
    danowat wrote:
    Try a very easy 30mins-1hr Z1 recovery ride instead of a total rest day.

Thanks, I will give it a go tomorrow! :D I have only ever really tried recovery rides of 10/15 minutes so maybe a longer recovery ride will make a greater difference.
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    I think you need to just find out what recovery methods work for you.

Personally for the best recovery I finish workout, down recovery drink, stretch, have a bath, put on recovery tights, stretch again, foam roll, a bit of yoga then lie with my feet up while watching a film before getting 10-12 hours of sleep.

Now THAT is a recovery routine which is a pain to be dependent on :shock:

That said, the next day I'm totally fresh and ready to take on the world again.

In an ideal world yes, but those of us with families and full time jobs don't have those sorts of luxuries! :lol:
  • Remarkable
    I tried the longer recovery ride and it didn't really make a difference. I think that as madasahattersley said, I may just stick with what works for me.. :)
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    well there are a lot worse things you could be dependant on...
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Remarkable
    mattshrops wrote:
    well there are a lot worse things you could be dependant on...

Thats for sure! :lol:
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    I think you need to just find out what recovery methods work for you.

Personally for the best recovery I finish workout, down recovery drink, stretch, have a bath, put on recovery tights, stretch again, foam roll, a bit of yoga then lie with my feet up while watching a film before getting 10-12 hours of sleep.

Now THAT is a recovery routine which is a pain to be dependent on :shock:

That said, the next day I'm totally fresh and ready to take on the world again.
    Wow,what a cafuffle,and how do you sleep for that long?.Can,t remember last good sleep I had.
    To the OP,what I tried and works for me,is at the end of each ride about 2 miles from home I always switch of the garmin and go into the granny gear and just meander home and it made a lot of difference to my recovery.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • neilrobins
    neilrobins Posts: 102
    +1^^^