Therious Thursday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I made a curry last night after watching Rick Stein's India and it was pretty damn good if I do say so myself. I should make curry from scratch more often! Today I am full of wind though, and this is being released to the world, so sorry those around me :twisted:

Didn't get to the doctors yesterday as they closed at 5, so I'll try again today. That's pretty much my plans really.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' window lickers,

Work yesterday pepped me up, no end - which was nice. Had a call from the local CID, too - asking a few more questions about the bikes I had half-inched. Something on their system had flagged up a potential lead on BR, but it turned out to be my own 'stolen' thread! At least they've got some mechanism or another going on.

Today will feature more laser-based asshattery, and a four hour meeting - on the plus side the meeting features lunch. Tonight, Bails87 is dropping around to help me sort the hardtail out, so I can at least go biking in the Peaks on Saturday. This will likely also feature curry, but hoprefully without the current TKM issue....

Onwards! To caffiene! And death rays!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Freedom this morning. Forks are due to be delivered today, hopefully before lunch as I'm due in uni this afternoon.

TTFN
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Did the classic 'fall back asleep as soon as you cancel the alarm' thing this morning and a consequence had five minute to get myself together and get to the office. This means a serious caffeine deficiency. My mood overall is much improved though as I managed to get out on the bike last night and it all seems to be more or less holding together. A few tweaks required tonight, but it seems otherwise ok. Hopefully I can get the suspension serviced before the mondraker gravity rally next weekend, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also need to sort out the van, which is rather more costly and time consuming.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Bore da.

Today is my Friday as i've booked tomorrow off to get things sorted on the car. Not much happening today so will consume much coffee to stay awake.

Toodle ooh
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Had a good time last night playing tennis. Unsurprisingly the courts were busy with the usual two week Wimbledon enthusiasm. Slept well too so that is a bonus.

Still waiting for my new boy’s toy to arrive. The company sent an email saying it would be dispatched by next day courier on the 24th but as yet no sign of it. I think I might have to start chasing things up.

Today will be spent trying to look busy whilst not achieving very much – a technique I’m slowly perfecting.

Another cake free day. I have to say I didn’t really miss it yesterday so it looks like I’m breaking the addiction.

Later……
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    As I got H'd last night - I cycled in today. First six miles went really well and then I had a wasp vs mouth incident and the wasp won. In a lot of pain and frankly look (more) stupid.

Today is meeting on insurance - fantastic and then a long ride home in what is forecast to be rather wet
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Pain of my separated ribs have left me getting the bus to work as I can't ride my bike nor turn the steering wheel in my car. Paracetamol and codeine also mean a distinct lack of getting H'd for a few days. Pills aren't doing enough so will be hunting for something stronger/more addictive later on today.

laters
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning deviants...

Just come back from a couple of days in London, we met up with some swedish friends who were over on holiday, whilst we were there we went to see 'The Book of Mormon'... it was awesome, highly recommended.

Today is pondering on spunking a load of dosh on a new frame.

Laters
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    clamps81 wrote:
    Did the classic 'fall back asleep as soon as you cancel the alarm' thing this morning and a consequence had five minute to get myself together and get to the office.

Same. When you hit the snooze, your're so confident that you will be able to get up in a minute or two - even though you know full well that you won't.

Morning ©unt$

Saw the Hangover 3 last night, pretty good. Chow is the best charcter hands down haha.

That is all, laters
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    matthew h wrote:
    As I got H'd last night

^^^^ I was also this last night! Am up near Newcastle doing golf stuff! went to some boozer in the Toon and it turns out they are filming some telly thing called Geordie Shore!! Whatever that is! Place was full of burds with nowt on, dodgy tans and weird high pitched voices!

More swish fark today then home prior to a weekend in nottingham! Gonna get Matthew H'd there as well i would wager!

Have a good un y'all!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • ste_t
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    As I got H'd last night

More swish fark today then home prior to a weekend in nottingham! Gonna get Matthew H'd there as well i would wager!

Have a good un y'all!

If you find yourself H'd down Lace Market, come say hi. Always good to put faces to names*

*incase one of the kids goes missing**

**I don't have any kids. I'm just afraid of getting an unwanted bumming
  • tlw1
    ste_t wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    As I got H'd last night

Have a good un y'all!

If you find yourself H'd down Lace Market, come say hi. Always good to put faces to names*

but happy with a wanted bumming?
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    FUCKSTICKS!!!!!!!
  • pesky_jones
    What's the matter...
  • ste_t
    matthew h wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    bg13 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    As I got H'd last night

Have a good un y'all!

but happy with a wanted bumming?

I wouldn't go as far as happy, but its the being taken by surprise that gets me everytime.....
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Goodly Afterlubrious
    I've ordered some stuff for a team. I've done some faffing. I've arranged a bike collection from Scott as our bike got sent there by someone who obviously needs to pay a bit more attention to detail.
    This afternoon I will be eating peanut butter on rice cakes, and when work finishes we'll be off up the woods for a Bo' spin.
    This evening I should really pack as I'm off to Hood Town straight after work tomorrow, not sure how I'm going to cope in the Peaks on Saturday as my legs are on the tired side.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work is going ok. Holidaying minion has returned!!!! Yeah!!!! This means I can reduce the number of clients I speak to. I don't particularly like clients who believe people like estate agents, over and above someone legally trained...

Sounds like haymaking at the farm will be taking place next week which could mean some time off driving large tractors round fields (this I have to keep quiet from the boss as last time I broke my foot jumping off a tractor and couldn't come to work).

Chosen my bridesmaid dress fabric and pattern. Now just have to get it made.

BNO after work tomorrow night. Food and then drinks. I imagine our office will look like something out of that Call Centre programme tomorrow afternoon with lots of work avoidance.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • pesky_jones
    MissCMC wrote:
    Sounds like haymaking at the farm will be taking place next week which could mean some time off driving large tractors round fields (this I have to keep quiet from the boss as last time I broke my foot jumping off a tractor and couldn't come to work).

That sounds fun. Theraputic almost
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    foxc_uk wrote:
    ... not sure how I'm going to cope in the Peaks on Saturday as my legs are on the tired side.
    Don't worry, I'm so out of shape at the moment that you won't be alone on the climbs. Plus, it means I can stalk you without breaking sweat ;) :twisted:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    MissCMC wrote:

That sounds fun. Theraputic almost

Sort of, although it's hot dusty long days driving back and forth across fields, and when you forget to lift up the hydraulics before turning or accidentally reverse with the machinery on the back running and down because you have zoned out so much, it kind of turns the air a bit blue.

I nearly rammed a rowing up spike through a tractor tyre last year doing just that. And then my uncle stabbed himself in the leg with a penknife while we were trying to untangle baler twine from the baler. Also managed to sink a tractor up to its rear axle in mud stacking bales last year (driving in the dark), so much so we went out and bought a new massive tractor the next day.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • pesky_jones
    MissCMC wrote:
    I nearly rammed a rowing up spike through a tractor tyre last year doing just that. And then my uncle stabbed himself in the leg with a penknife while we were trying to untangle baler twine from the baler. Also managed to sink a tractor up to its rear axle in mud stacking bales last year (driving in the dark), so much so we went out and bought a new massive tractor the next day.

...you don't sound like the most proficient bunch of farmers to be honest :) Do you also supply meat to tesco?
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Afternoon Scuttlers

Good ride in this morning knocking just over 2 and a half mins off my personal best and an unexpected jump on the scales yesterday revealed I'd lost 9lbs since moving house. Add this to the lingering sniffle I have I think I may finally have the full bad aids
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Afternoon, just making a shopping list with a brew. Spent the day a hospital waiting room with my Dad. Fun times! Cancer can kiss my arse. :)
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Kitty wrote:
    Cancer can kiss my ars*. :)

Mine too. I fecking hate you cancer you Cnut.
    What's the matter...

I've invested a feck load of money into something and it may not be paying off :cry:
  • tlw1
    welshkev wrote:
    Kitty wrote:
    Cancer can kiss my ars*. :)

Mine too. I ******* hate you cancer you Cnut.
    What's the matter...

I've invested a feck load of money into something and it may not be paying off :cry:

Cancer is a ferkin horrible thing

Re: money invested and not paying off - sounds like marriage
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    matthew h wrote:
    Cancer is a ferkin horrible thing

Re: money invested and not paying off - sounds like marriage
    Both are best avoided...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]