We-We-Wednesdayyyyy!

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Can't decide if I've woken up with hayfever or a cold. Meh.

Got a phone call last night from my Mum saying I need to go to the doctors as she's been diagnosed with High Cholestrol and it's hereditary apparently, so I have a 60% chance I have it, meaning my risk of heart attacks etc increase :roll: Fun times.

Plan today is to work, then go home via Huddersfield sorting office, then sign up to a doctors!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

TKM- sounds a bit crap, hopefully you've not inherited it.

Righty then, taking bike and people from uni to Cannock today, they've been bugging about a trail centre ride for a while, and Cannock seems the best compromise of decent(ish) singletrack for a range of people to enjoy and not being so far away it takes ages for the minibus to get to.

TTFN
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Finally finished changing out the bearings on my frame last night. It's some some additional bodged dust seals over some of the bearings now to hopefully extend their live, though one set haven't fitted in properly, but I'm loathe to remove the crank and chainguide just to refit the bastards. It rides ok, there's no play anywhere so that'll do. I'd rather counted on getting a good few years out of it, but with the manufacturers out of business and no therefore no more spares I'm a bit shagged. the existing pivot bolts and such will do another 9 or so month I reckon, but after that I'm shagged, so guess I will be buying a new (or more likely second hand) frame next year. Balls.

On the plus side it means I get my first ride in two weeks in tonight.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    TKM - get to the docs and see what they say. High cholestorol can be readily managed - providing you knwo about it. Try not to worry about everythign they'll find wrong with you (the vapours, dangleberries, lycanthropy, ghey aihds, hershey squirts, etc)

Monrin' indigo children,

No sleep last night. Tired now. Want to kill. My desk lamp tells me I should, but that f***er only seems to get me into trouble.

Onwards, To... dunno, something. Coffee is probably involved. Some work too.
    Did I say I wa tired? Can't 'member. so sleeepy. Just rest m'head here a whil

zzzzz..... ....zzzzzz..... .....zzzzzzz.....
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Can't decide if I've woken up with hayfever or a cold. Meh.
    ^ This

And because of above I've brought the other bike in today. Supposed to be going out trail riding tonight so hopefully I'll be able to work out if it is hay fever or not. If it is I can treat it if not I'll just have to MTFU and get on with it.

Another cakeless day but this is probably a good thing as the diet still hasn't started and the shirts are getting tighter. Tea by its self is the order of the day.

Later......
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    morning

work joy again today - today it's in Stoke, fun times
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    mehning.
    Today will be mainly listening to the puppet get a good kicking from the directors, which is nice. and I'll be face deep in paperwork and watching films on my phone :)
    Stripped Beyonce down last night to change the rear pivot bearings, not quite as easy as it should of been but no real drama's.
    Loretta is being collected today :) then a night ride is on the cards later :)
    now do i buy that fatbike kit or not :?

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    High cholesterol is apparently hereditary but I haven't got it yet. Dad has, despite being a skinny person who rides a bike to and from work everyday and has been given diet sheets and things that involve lots of salad and grains and not so much fat. Thinking I am going to have to calm down on the bad foods in years to come. :(

Work is rubbish. Our only printer has decided to die (it does this regularly) so we have been without printer, scan or fax facilities for the last 24 hours because the powers that be are too tight to get us a second one. I love their foresight when they basically will now have to pay us all overtime to do what we can't do at the moment.

Boy housemate is picking up a Poochon puppy tonight to take down to Cornwall with him for the parents. This means my night will be disturbed by a whining ball of fluff which I may not be amused with.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Hola party people,

Busy day with a manager in from DK..

Back to the olds later and car service tomorrow which i expect to be expensive.

If the dog is too annoying pop him in the oven there well sound proofed :P
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Tkm it can be very nasty, remember the Scwartznegger film where it killed his wife and son so he went on the rampage in columbia, Cholesterol Damage I think it was called.

Afternoon scuttlers

Work day again for me so not much to report
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • anj132
    anj132 Posts: 299
    Waylander, this is your boss?

dk.jpg
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    MissCMC wrote:
    High cholesterol is apparently hereditary but I haven't got it yet. Dad has, despite being a skinny person who rides a bike to and from work everyday and has been given diet sheets and things that involve lots of salad and grains and not so much fat. Thinking I am going to have to calm down on the bad foods in years to come. :(
    From what I've read, if a parent has it, the child has 60% chance of inheriting it. I'm reading this whilst munching on a crumpet slobbered in butter. It's low fat margerine, so I'm ok.

Went to the doctors, and, typically, picked the one day they close at 5 instead of 6 :roll: so will try again tomorrow.

Now to make a curry from scratch :D
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,422
    Never mind cholesterol, it's blood pressure that'll do me in. I've been trying to deal with Germans, Spanish aand Italians at work today - even on the end of a phone they're pi$$ing me off. So I need a drink - which I've got while I now waste time surfing the interweb :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    'ning
    Today I went over to the grey side... I commuted on the Ion. Was hard work on the way home - head wind and slightly more uphill.
    Didn't achieve much at work although I didn't have time for any procrastination...
    Trimmed my hedge after my tea, then ate marshmallows and dark chocolate in a desperate bid for something tasty. Dieting sucks.

Kisses
    FoxC
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Do like a nice trimmed hedge.