Tuesday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I think I'm going to ache today from Judo last night. I got beaten up quite a bit, but also felt good as I dished out some beatings too.
Today, more work, trying to get the directors to stop being f*****g tools, then home and out on the bike.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Yesterday was win, On-One are giving me some RS Lyrik RCs 170mm for frees because of the low BB on the frame, just a about 6-7mm off spec.

Quite happy, as it stands the bike rides sweetly and the BB isn't a problem when riding as such. I was just pissed off about it when I was irrate and stuck in revising over Easter. I started enquiring and they offered to replace the frame as it was a known problem. Anyway, that was taking too long (new batch needed to be made first), so chased them up yesterday and they offered me the forks as another option. I said yes, a nice upgrade on my domains, will lift the BB a few mm and shed a lot of weight :D

Today is the last day of small child sitting caring looking aftering. Win. This evening is back to uni, then tomorrow bike club are heading to Cannock so I'll go along with that I reckon.

TTFN
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,868
    Good win - Angry bird
  • tlw1
    Morning

Today is a meeting for most of the day and thats about it.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    C**tsticks.

Today starts crappy as I go down stairs to find I've been burgled in the night. Laptop gone, paintball masks gone, more importantly, two of the fleet gone. F**kers.

So, if anyone gets offered a 2013 Giant Anthem 29er X2 with Deore brakes and Fat Spanner flats, or a very one-off Empella Bonfire cx bike, there's a chance they once stabled at mine.

They day may end now.

Onwards.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    A fine morning here so I brought the other bike in for a change.

New boy’s toy due to arrive today if the manufacturer’s dispatch date is correct.

Other than this and swimming tonight there is nothing else to report.

All the cake and cookies have been eaten so it’ll be just tea and a long wait until lunch.

Later……
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    That sucks giant donkey balls Clank :( Have you posted it in the Stolen section on the forum?

Where abouts in the UK are you, so we know where to keep an eye out on Gumtree etc. Bad times :(
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    Clank wrote:
    C**tsticks.

Today starts crappy as I go down stairs to find I've been burgled in the night. Laptop gone, paintball masks gone, more importantly, two of the fleet gone. F**kers.

So, if anyone gets offered a 2013 Giant Anthem 29er X2 with Deore brakes and Fat Spanner flats, or a very one-off Empella Bonfire cx bike, there's a chance they once stabled at mine.

They day may end now.

Onwards.

Shoot luck Clank - time to start an ebay watch?
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Clank wrote:
    C**tsticks.

They day may end now.

Onwards.

Mother fookers and now they have masks you can't even hunt them down and shoot them in the eyes and blind them pj and/or Duncan style. I hope they fall off of them under an oncoming steam roller. ...cnuts. Sorry to hear that dude.

Well today I'm on a course I did 6 weeks ago but as it's been delayed I have to do it again so I remember, the fact I instantly forgot last time means I won't so all in all its just a day off trains eating biscuits.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • ol\'gregg
    ol\'gregg Posts: 612
    Bore Da Pawb.

Today is full of CBA'edness. Really quiet week in work which means trying to look busy. So today I will mostly be walking around the Museum with a clipboard pausing occasionally and pointing at stuff.

Toodle ooh
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Clank - gutted for you fella, that's proper s**t.

Turns out the 'Apartment' my assistant booked for us to stay over in London is actually a house on what appears to be a council estate near Camden. No wonder she went awol and stayed out all night.

Onwards, to finding missing employees, getting some breakfast and getting the hell outta here!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

gutted for you clank.

i'm dreading the day I wake up to find my shed open and my bikes gone :cry:

in other news, lovely day here. i'm out on the bike later to do some exploring where i'm told there's some lovely trails.
    I've done loads of work today already so I can chill out for the rest of the day.

laters :D
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    morning Ladyboys.

Clank that blows... they need a damn good Dlocking!!

Today is a day of waiting for lunch, posting payroll stuff, wating to hear if i need to do anything on house stuff and riding after work :)

laters
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    You aren't going to hear any house stuff from me as I haven't had any contract papers from the vendors solicitors yet.

Clank - that's awful. I hope they find them and let you dish out the punishment you see fit upon the scumbags.

Work is busy. Bridezilla and mothership are now having a full blown email argument and copying me into each which is making the day more amusing as the insults gradually become more personal. Sitting back enjoying the kicking they are both doling out to each other. It's now clear my mum hates the fiancé and I think Bridezilla may have finally worked this one out.

Going to attempt to go to the gym tonight. My leg is still sore and I have an impressive array of bruising coming up down my right thigh after my decking it on Saturday.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • Clank
    That sucks giant donkey balls Clank :( Have you posted it in the Stolen section on the forum?

Where abouts in the UK are you, so we know where to keep an eye out on Gumtree etc. Bad times :(

Now in the Stolen sections.
    I live in Coventry.

..and they're still cnuts.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    The day is swiftly coming to an end, trained all the relevant people on how to do my jobs, as I'm away for a few days. Currently staring at about 2000 pages. joy.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,493
    Clank, hope they find the thieving scum and they get bummed to within an inch of their life by Big Ron and his mates in 'D' Wing.

Looks like the forum has settled down after yesterday's 'Poonani Tsunami' and it's back to the usual sausage fest plus token female. Long day at work but got a good 2 hours or pedalling plus dodging large metal objects done today. Time for a whisky and a good relax....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Clank wrote:
    C**tsticks.

Sh1t, unlucky Clank. It's something I really dread, finding them gone one day. I'd be after blood if mine were nicked :twisted:
  • Clank
    Society would frown on me greatly for how I would repay the perpetrators of this little episode.

It would involve words like 'barbed wire', 'slowly peel' and 'exquisite'.

• Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    Evening all,
    Clank, unfortunately coventrians are good at stealing, I grew up there. Still got friends and family there have you got pics of the bikes? Will pass them around facebooks.
    Got a ride in tonight that's all
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Bad times Clank, what twunts! Hope you get the rides back and the t0ssers get their just rewards!

Evening team, just had a few bombardiers..........Huzzah! Drove up from Wales to Lincoln then off to Newcastle Tomoz! Got a crack in the windscreen on the way! Not the sort of crack i was looking to get.....Ho hum!

Toodles chums!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er