Wet and windy sunday morning

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,862
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
morning

bit tired this morning after some friends invited themselves round for dinner, forced me to drink and made me stay up late.

Today is a bit of work now followed by a decent ride in the rain after that who knows.

Comments

• ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Hola,

Tired.

Had my lost bag returned to me at work by the legend of a taxi driver so all is good in the world.

Off to Cannock shortly for a ride.

Laters
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

I've got a bit of work this morning and this evening. Mid day will be spent with friends for dinner, and then I have to go and collect my parents from a service station on the M62 as they've been holidaying at the Isle of White and it's quicker for me to collect them than them catch the coach back to Bury.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    Morning Pervs,

Feeling quite good today as finished any drinking by about 7 last night and wasn't even matthew h'd by then anyway. Todays fun will consist of Dad's taxi work and hanging around between taxi trips hoping it won't rain/reading bike mags. I'm also trying to persuade a mate to get into biking a bit more so I have an extra biking buddy but he's so ferkin unfit he's going to have to put some work into it. Any tips on how you motivate fat feckers to get on a bike more?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All

Looking at fixing the Ks Lev as it got itself stuck in the bike frame and on fixing problem managed to damage a plastic piece. No big issue though.

checking out some new riding potential via Google maps/os maps that we saw on yesterdays ride.

might go to Meadowhall shopping as its wet in Sunny Sheffield

Oh and anyone who fancies a big ride in the Peaks this coming Saturday send me a PM
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Bit gutted today. I only needed to do 4.5hrs on the bike this weekend to complete the latest strava challenge. Couldn't get out yesterday due to having family stuff to do. Now looks like I'll not be able to get out today due to the weather being gash.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Bit gutted today. I only needed to do 4.5hrs on the bike this weekend to complete the latest strava challenge.
    Pay for a taxi to take your GPS around town for 4.5 hours - sorted

Bit wet today but still going to get out on the DH bike, finally managed to fit a chain tensioner so will see how that works out.

Laters
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Got out for a little one. Going to try again later to finish off the last 2hrs 20min I need.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Any tips on how you motivate fat feckers to get on a bike more?

carrot-and-stick.jpg

Substitute carrot for bar of chocolate.
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Word.
    Remember me?

Been busy, ridden a lot, worked a bit, stood around watching sportive types doing their thing.. standard.
    Today I decided to have a rest as I've ridden one bike or the other every day since last sunday. Caught up on boring shiznit and ate some cheese.

Workstress again tomorrow. Ah well.
    Kisses
    FoxC
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    foxc_uk wrote:
    Word.
    Remember me?

Been busy, ridden a lot, worked a bit, stood around watching sportive types doing their thing.. standard.
    Today I decided to have a rest as I've ridden one bike or the other every day since last sunday. Caught up on boring shiznit and ate some cheese.

Workstress again tomorrow. Ah well.
    Kisses
    FoxC

Who the fark are you?