Eddy Merckx emx-3

swiftyx2
swiftyx2 Posts: 203
edited April 2014 in Your road bikes
Hi Folks,
Just a couple of first pics of my latest edition. What can I say other than "why didn't I get this earlier". The frame is amazing and the finish is class. Its my first Campag groupo since the late 80,s and I love it.......
Must say impressed with the Fulcrum 5s much better than I expected
I have got some up-grades planned for the future, wheels, tyres, bars, stem, post.

BABY3.jpg
mymerckx1.jpg
mymerckx.jpg

Thanks for looking Steve
Eddy Merckx EMX-3 Carbon Athena
Marin Attack Trail 6.8
Marin Wolfridge 6.8 Stolen by sum Scum Bags
Trek 6500
Bianchi Carbon

Comments

• poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Looking good. I had a rental EMX-1 and my wife an EMX-3 in Mallorca this year, really impressive bikes, did 5 long rides and they were very comfortable.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • swiftyx2
    Thanks Poppit,

The comfort really surprised me, super stiff but still so comfy. A couple of my riding mates have had a quick spin and the first thing they said when getting off is how fast it is and the power you put in goes straight to the wheels.

Very happy man.....
    Marin Attack Trail 6.8
    Trek 6500
    Bianchi Carbon
  • ctc
    ctc Posts: 232
    Ahh - you got it! I do like it in that colour.

Enjoy!
  • Cobi
    Cobi Posts: 16
    I have the same but i have changed my wheels to white ksyriums....love it
  • swiftyx2
    Hi Folks,

Thanks for the replies, I have now done a good few miles on my new Merckx and I love it more every ride.
    Its so quick when you put the power down and I hit 56mph with a bend at the bottom and it was so solid and stayed where I aimed it ( I know 56mph not that quick but I enjoyed it).
    Think I might save for some 38/50mm rims and go for it.
    I am so impressed with this bike cant stop thinking about riding it.

Steve.
    Marin Attack Trail 6.8
    Trek 6500
    Bianchi Carbon
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Swiftyx2 wrote:
    ( I know 56mph not that quick but I enjoyed it).

:shock: 56mph is pretty quick I think, getting on for 90km/h.

Nice bike, too.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • swiftyx2
    Hi folks,

Typo should 46mph.....still felt very quick to me..
    Marin Attack Trail 6.8
    Trek 6500
    Bianchi Carbon
  • That is a great bike. I own emx-1 and I love it. Btw, for those who want to buy merckx but do not know which size will fit them. I am 173 cm tall, my inseam is 80 cm. I chose size 48 and it was a good decision. It was confirmed by professional bike fitting i had. Btw, I am quite fit which may also contribute to the fact that size 48 is fine for me. Size 45 would have a shorter top tube, however ht would be 2 cm lower. In turn I would need to either go down or have too many spacers. I use 100mm stem and 2.5 cm offset seatpost. I hope it will help anyone.