Canyon Ultimate SLX 8.0

Skerryman
Skerryman Posts: 323
edited June 2013 in Your road bikes
Seeing as there hasn't been a new Canyon SLX posted up here in a bit I figured I'd pitch in with some pics of my new SLX which arrived during the week. It's the 8.0 DA9000 version.

All is stock. Not really getting on with the Selle Saddle but only had one ride so far and saddle was a touch high so gonna give it another chance. Might have to get me a Romin if not, I do love my Romin. Pics were taken with phone between showers, apologies if their not super duper high res shots like some of the ones on here. Live in West of Ireland and true to form it's been pouring down since I got it, and when it hasn't I've been in work, but at least I have it at last.

Position still needs tweaking. Going to get a bike fit next week, just hanging on until I find out if I need a different saddle or not, would like to have new one fitted before the bike fit. Hoping to drop a couple of stem spacers as a result of fit for better position.

IMAG0997.jpg

IMAG0999.jpg

IMAG1004.jpg

IMAG1005.jpg

IMAG1006.jpg

Comments

• andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 406
    Great looking bike, and IMO a good call on getting the black frame. The canyon logos aren't too subtle on the white frames and can take over but that looks smart with the red highlights!

Nice one
  • Skerryman
    andytee87 wrote:
    Great looking bike, and IMO a good call on getting the black frame. The canyon logos aren't too subtle on the white frames and can take over but that looks smart with the red highlights!

Nice one

Cheers. I was veering towards the black and white one initially cos I always thought the black version of last years model was way too black, I think it only had small red SLX on the top tube. Stealth look on this years model won me over though. Actually looks nicer in person that the pics on Canyon's website which make the black Canyon logo's look very glossy for some reason.

Now the gale force winds and rain would pi$$ off then I could actually get out and enjoy it.
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    Sexy ( and you know it ). How light is she? :D
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • Skerryman
    Mr Dog wrote:

Canyon site says 6.6kg, think I might have read somewhere that they quote large frame size weight, but could be wrong. Don't have a proper scales to weight but hoping to borrow one later and will update with weight. Feels crazy light to pick up though, and you can definitely tell on the hills. Getting out of the saddle on a climb is a whole different ball game that my alu frame Cube, so responsive.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Very nice!

If you like the Romin, just put one on and get the bike fit!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • Skerryman
    declan1 wrote:
    Very nice!

If you like the Romin, just put one on and get the bike fit!

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow for another spin if weather improves. Will probably end up ordering the Romin then afterwards. Was hoping for good things from the Selle saddle cos the credit card could definitely do with a break.
  • stan1000
    stan1000 Posts: 49
    Sweet, enjoy!
  • Skerryman
    Mr Dog wrote:

Did a rough weighing there with digital bathroom scales in the absence of a proper hanging scales. Took 3 readings with just me and three with me + bike and averaged. Bike comes in at 6.9kg with pedals, k-edge mount, and 2 x bottle cages on. There's loads of room for trimming that down with new saddle, and lighter wheels but that's all for another day, when my bank account gets over the initial shock of the bike :D
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    Looking good skerryman! nice one ...
  • Skerryman
    giant man wrote:
    Looking good skerryman! nice one ...

Cheers mate. Had it out for the second spin there. Adjusted saddle height and position to same as my other bike and it made a huge difference. Actually found the saddle comfortable. Was only a 30 mile spin so won't know for sure until I get a big spin in but big improvement than last outing. Getting used to the feel and handling of the bike a bit more too, can't wait to get more miles on it.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice. very nice.