Finally Friday Thread

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning bumders

It's Friday. Last day of looking after small child for the week. It's been hard work. Easier day today though, nursery this morning and the zoo this afternoon. Then off home for a weekend of tennis and lazing around. Possibility of bikes at some point too.

TTFN

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Last day of looking after small child for the week. It's been hard work.
    Handing Maddie back over now are you?

Morning Losers!

Today is the longest day of the year, enjoy it while it lasts. It's looking miserable here, so I imagine it's going to be a long day of depression.
    Bought my season ticket for Bury last night, so I feel good, however looking at my bank account isn't. I'm now passed my overdraft and payday isn't until Wednesday :? Me thinks July will be a penny saving month.

Work then back to Bury tonight for me.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Morning Passengers-of-the-Yellow-Bus

Manky morning here with thick mist and the expectation of rain. On the plus side, there's no wind, so whilst the ride in was sweaty, it was fast. I can live with that.

Today we fire up The Beast and unleash hell with untold powers of frikkin lay-zur beams. Sharks, sadly, will not feature and, frankly, that dissapoints me.

The weekend will feature hosue guests and continueing race-car build. There may be some bikes, but it's looking doubtful. Poo.

Today, however, there will be fried piggymeats of all description, and these will be consummed with all gusto at approx 8.30. ......if I haven't burned the building down before hand......

Onwards! To coffee! To bacons! And FIRE!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Sir Clank,
    I am a little jealous of your day today :( no piggy meats, no fricking Lay zurs and no fire, I'll probably end up getting eaten by a shark?
    after that is, more spreadsheets and more online arguing with the powers that be.

Onwards to coffee's!

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Morning all,

Beautiful day here. The bike club are going out for a summer solstice ride/drink tonight. I'm gutted I can't make it as I'm going to a wedding of someone I don't know! And to make mattes worse I'm driving.

Good ride last night though. Up to 4th in the leader board on one section and beat my pb on another section by 1 min 10 secs 8)

Later bumders
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    A rather damp morning weather wise so I wimped out again and brought the car today. My other excuse is that I'm playing badminton after work so I need it to bring my stuff in.

Not a lot planned for the weekend as the forecast is looking unsettled so no point in making plans then having them ruined. I'll just go with the flow and see what happens.

Time for some tea and a few calls to rearrange parcel deliveries. I can make that look like I'm actually working too.

Later......
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Morning ladies

Work meh will be cancelled out by the pub later

That's about it
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    Extra pigskins today with my full english. got a team meeting with the boss, to which i've already declined due to it being scheduled on my lunchbreak. plus all the senior partners are down.

work wise got nowt
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Monging,

New frame didn't arrive yesterday which made me a little sad. Apparently it is in the back of a van driving around Nottingham as we speak, so should be with me imminently. Today will feature what you 'normal' folk call a '9 til 5' (that means 9 while 5 for you weirdo northerners.)

The beers and comedy.

Onwards! To pretending to work whilst purchasing bike parts and getting utterly Matthew h'd!
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    no work for me today!

going to rearrange the garage so bikes are more accessible, out for bacons and a fair bit of loafing!

may also get properly Matthew h'd tonight!! :D
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • ncn
    ncn Posts: 123
    Mooorning

Early start and late finish = not the best Friday but it as at least Friday!

I may have to go on the hunt for bacon too.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    evening all,

Another day of work and house stuff...

Today the office leaver has supplied Krispy creme donuts... after the first one i feel sick...

Laters
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Morning homos.

Bacon butty for breakfast today in celebration of me doing 250km already this week. Some of which were on an actual mountain bike. Got another 7hours to do before the end of Sunday so I can claim my Strava badge. Although I may need a couple more to make sure I finish top of the IOM country leaderboard.

To help with this goal, I'm taking a half day today.
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Morning. Suppose I best get out of bed.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Kitty wrote:
    Morning. Suppose I best get out of bed.
    Rohypnol finally worn off?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    ste_t wrote:
    getting utterly Matthew h'd!
    I will be doing this later. *ponders best route of attack*
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Well I should have stayed in bed. My car is 4 weeks old and is in the garage due to a noise from the suspension.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    bg13 wrote:
    I'd quite like to get Matthew h'd as well after this week in work but no, got an early-ish start tomorrow as junior is back from her school trip week later today :roll:

Still, slept like one of Gazlars chloroforming victims last night, I've had plenty of coffee today and there's a Thai Chicken curry with my name on it for lunch. So not a bad day so far...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work is busy but only 3 more days with only one minion.

The mothership has decided to totally rearrange my carefully timetabled weekend. I now have to go to the farm tomorrow for helping my uncle sort out fat lambs for market. This will mean pain on Saturday afternoon but I will get fed all day and it's the Grandmotherships birthday tomorrow so I will earn will points for visiting her all day. :)

Waylander will shortly be my client it seems... in the legal sense not anything else! :lol:
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Afternoon mongs!

Following a frankly sh*t year of injury and illness, my body has for the past three days decided that I need to suffer from hayfever. Luckily various medical products seem to be holding the torrents of snot at bay so it's not too bad now.

Workmeh for another four hours then I'm going off round Rendlesham on the 456 to see if I can still ride a bike.

Woop!
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    MissCMC wrote:

Waylander will shortly be my client it seems... in the legal sense not anything else! :lol:

It will be some race to see who ends up in the ditch head backwards!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    I wouldnt put the money on me...

i think i will be taken out pretty fast! and my kidneys on e-bay.
  • tlw1
    I wouldnt put the money on me...

i think i will be taken out pretty fast! and my kidneys on e-bay.

I wouldn't bid for your kidneys (nor my own TBH)
  • MissCMC
    Haha Waylander is now paying money for my time!
  • tlw1
    bg13 wrote:

Highly recommended :)

Will have to meet some of you in real life for a beer one day (bar GT obviously)
  • tlw1
    MissCMC wrote:
    Haha Waylander is now paying money for my time!

have you changed professions?
  • ste_t
    matthew h wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

Will have to meet some of you in real life for a beer one day (bar GT obviously)

Afterparty for the ccc2cc?

Gt can come if he brings his mum. I don't fancy her chances of survival.
  • tlw1
    ste_t wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

What date is it? I fancy a decent drink - but am short on dates as I have stupidly agreed to a family holiday and doing JOGLE this summer
  • MissCMC
    And Gaz - wherever you are - when are you organising a drinks get together for the South Wales peeps?
  • tlw1
    MissCMC wrote:
    And Gaz - wherever you are - when are you organising a drinks get together for the South Wales peeps?

when he is out on bail
  • ste_t
    matthew h wrote:
    ste_t wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    bg13 wrote:

What date is it? I fancy a decent drink - but am short on dates as I have stupidly agreed to a family holiday and doing JOGLE this summer

Sat 28th Sept I believe, Gazlar can confirm. That's if his bad aids worms haven't killed him off already.