PMP Hubs - any experience

Oxo
Oxo Posts: 144
edited June 2013 in Workshop
Howdy,

Just about to pull the trigger on a pair of 32H PMP road hubs (Campag 11s) with matching Ti skewers for an Ambrosio Excellight SSC/DT Swiss Comp spoked clincher wheelset for the Master.

Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with these hubs before I do?

Cheers

Ox
Sunday Best: 2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
Foul Weather: 2010 Kinesis Racelight T2
Commuter: 1958 Holdsworth Zephyr Fixed Gear

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,275
    They are very good... they require their own cassette lockring, which I am not 100% positive it comes with the rear hub... I think it does but then you need the tool, something like that... anyway, check!
    left the forum March 2023
  • Oxo
    Cool - thanks Ugo :) The quote I received specifies the lockring and tool so I guess I'm good to go.
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    Have a set 32/32 with mavic open pro. Very smooth. Not the lightest hubs, but mine have been reliable. No issues (once I'd sourced the locking tool !)
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Smoooooooth and very well made. Heavy as fook but that doesn't matter! I have a set on my bestest carbon wheels. Lockring is a PITA though. Well, it isn't, it works very well, it's just that if you lose the proprietary tool it's a PITA...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Ugo, I have contacted the distributor about these hubs in particlar the dimensions. As you have used them could you let me know what they are as I have not heard back- simple request but I do not think he knew the answer!

PMP hubs are no more heavy than Pro 3's which could hardly be described as heavy. They are light next to ultegra hubs.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,275
    Ugo, I have contacted the distributor about these hubs in particlar the dimensions. As you have used them could you let me know what they are as I have not heard back- simple request but I do not think he knew the answer!

PMP hubs are no more heavy than Pro 3's which could hardly be described as heavy. They are light next to ultegra hubs.
    They're here

http://www.pmpbike.net/image/CatalogoPMP_eng_part2.pdf

They don't mention the flange width, but I recall it being fairly normal and it doesn't make any difference to the calculations anyway
    left the forum March 2023
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992

But more than twice as heavy as my extra light/record combo... Hey, I said its not an issue, they are fantastic hubs!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Oxo
    Thanks for the feedback guys, appreciated.

Ox