Horseradish sauce?!

graham.
graham. Posts: 862
edited June 2013 in Commuting chat
I found a root of horseradish on the allotment, and being a bloke and knowing no fear, I decided to give it a go...Who the hell thought that that stuff would make a tasty and nutritious foodstuff?
The instructions said "Prepare in a well ventilated area." I would suggest somewhere like Dartmoor, minimum. Before I dared to take the lid of the food processor I thought it wise to climb into the attic and dig out my old diving gear, you know , face mask, aqua-lung, the sort of things you find in any well equipped kitchen.
By the time I got back down, plaster was starting to lift.
Iv'e managed to get the stuff into a jar and put it down the bottom of the garden. This is just to prepare the stuff you make the actual sauce from!
If I survive the night I'm going for part 2 tomorrow, they actually recommend the addition of mustard powder, you know, to spice it up a bit!
I tell you, this stuff is going to make strontium 90 look like Angel Delight!
If you see a green mushroom cloud over Derby tomorrow, you'll know it didn't go well.

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I remember going to a restaurant once where they served a little raw, grated horseradish on the side with the burger or steak or whatever it was. I ate a big lump of it 1 go and whooosh....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I love the stuff, put it on everything - if it doesn't turn your mouth inside out and make you blind for an hour, is not worth having!
  • stu-bim
    stu-bim Posts: 384
    I like it too and a cousin to horseradish being wasabi also.

Though first time ever having sushi I identified a nice bite sized piece of guacamole on the plate and ate it down in one.

after steam out of my ears and four beers later I regained what could be considered a close resemblance to a normal flesh tone in my face. Cleared the nasal passages for a week.
    Raleigh RX 2.0
    Diamondback Outlook
    Planet X Pro Carbon
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Graham. wrote:
    I found a root of horseradish on the allotment, and being a bloke and knowing no fear, I decided to give it a go...Who the hell thought that that stuff would make a tasty and nutritious foodstuff?
    The instructions said "Prepare in a well ventilated area." I would suggest somewhere like Dartmoor, minimum. Before I dared to take the lid of the food processor I thought it wise to climb into the attic and dig out my old diving gear, you know , face mask, aqua-lung, the sort of things you find in any well equipped kitchen.
    By the time I got back down, plaster was starting to lift.
    Iv'e managed to get the stuff into a jar and put it down the bottom of the garden. This is just to prepare the stuff you make the actual sauce from!
    If I survive the night I'm going for part 2 tomorrow, they actually recommend the addition of mustard powder, you know, to spice it up a bit!
    I tell you, this stuff is going to make strontium 90 look like Angel Delight!
    If you see a green mushroom cloud over Derby tomorrow, you'll know it didn't go well.

You know Rolls Royce store enough nuclear material to level Derby don't you? You might want to avoid the Raynesway for a bit
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Try it eating it raw, it's good stuff, very hot.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    A friend of mine had home made sauce in a jar and opened and said smell this, knowing what a kick the factory made stuff has I just held my breath with the jar under my nose and even that hurt.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    watch this girls ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iguACR-vDw

best to open underwater.

yes I have had some.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    You know Rolls Royce store enough nuclear material to level Derby don't you?

I'd call that good planning.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.