Thirsty Thursday Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited June 2013 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Woke up really thirsty today. No idea why.

Not much going on today, work, then off to Bury to buy a season ticket for the football (the same seat I sat in 13 years ago is still available! :D ).

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Woke up thirsty too, but mine was down to cider

Should have cycled in today, but overnight emails meant driving in as its going to be a long day :(
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Mornin' f****rs,

It's Thursday. I sense a busy day on the horizon, ending with an interesting meeting. Work will also see me trying to udnerstand why my new frikken lay-zur has developed a signficant squint. Something need cleaning, but it's a new system to me, so opening it up will be.... 'interesting'.

In theory, I've got a mate dropping 'round tonight, so that should make for an interesting evening, too.

Three interesting things in one day. Interesting.

Onwards! To copious coffee! And poking the unknown with a pointy stick!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • cicatriz
    cicatriz Posts: 411
    Another very warm ride in this morning but it is always nice to see things first thing. The fishermen on the lake were off to a good start too. One was photographing a sizeable carp as I passed.
    Passed the weird roadie too who cycles in a swaying S kind of way and all his gear looks retro but it is just old from the first time around but doesn’t include a helmet or chain lube.

Nothing planned for this evening so I might just sit out in the garden for a while and drink a few beers.

Minion recruitment has taken an unusual turn. :? Instead of getting one new minion it looks like I might be getting two. This is a major win. Still no start dates but things are looking a lot more promising inn the mean time.

Onwards to more cake and some tea.

Later……
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Hello!
    Today looks quite empty, I like this.

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All
    Finally managed to get home. But have to go to Aberdeen in a few hours time. I'd go now but some scroat pulled my rear number plate off last night and while I found someone else's I haven't found mine.

Off to the PO to pick my rear shock from Mojo, re-fit then take the whole lot with me to Scotland to cycle somewhere on Saturday probably Glentress
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    blurggh. I thought iu had bad hayfever but it looks like i'm coming down with a bug of some description :x

will try and get out for a ride tonight, I've been doing pretty well on the xc front as of late so hopefully get out for another 30km+ ride tonight

1 on line training course already done, with another to go and then a computer programme course to do later...oh joy :lol:

laters
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    Richie63 wrote:
    some scroat pulled my rear number plate off last night and while I found someone else's I haven't found mine.

Have fun getting a load of summonses for all the speeding tickets/parking fines, and general buggery he's getting up to right now in his stolen motor.

Morning homos.

Pretty tired today, been hammering the cycling this week in an effort to achieve my 30hr in 2 weeks badge on Strava. Think I'm going to change it up a bit tonight and take the Reed out for a gentle spin down the railway lines.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Think I'm going to change it up a bit tonight and take the Reed out for a gentle spin down the railway lines.
    Watch out for the light at the end of the tunnel
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    I'll light the end of your tunnel in a minute!

By which, of course, I mean you're getting bummed!
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Well he is known as Bumboy :P

Evening all, today is mildy stressfull trying to sort out houseing crap but otherwise all ok, good ride last night bike felt really good.

Need some more sleep though.

Laters
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Currently in the middle of an argument about soap. They've put me on hold.

My boss has just turned up and his boss will be here any second now. Joyous.

On a positive note, my new frame will be arriving today so my afternoon will hopefully involve bodging it together ready for Cannock on Sunday.

Later
  • Penylope
    Penylope Posts: 320
    $$$$ Trek now sold! Cash in (proverbial) hand, joy. What a wate of time the Trek was, deffo not the bike for me. Now at least i can pay for my new frame when i collect it this weekend, bonus!

in other news, work happens, just.
    MTB's, SC Blur LTc & Cotic Soul (26" definitely aint dead!).
    Other, Genesis Croix De Fer
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    Morning All, today will be spent playing on my new custom made computer. I've named it R2D2.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    what the hell is that
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work, tired, haven't been anywhere near a gym or any form of exercise in more than a week and it's starting to get me down. However I've managed to churn out all my accounts work this morning for tomorrow so I can get through my reading and complex nastiness this afternoon in the hope that I can not be in the office this weekend and actually chill out.

My sunburnt nose has started to peel. :(
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    dusted off the bike, been slacking, not ridden for over a week.

Practically have no work to do until July within reason but suppose I could find other jobs.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    Still at work :(

At least I am pedalling tomorrow. I am going to have big **** off whisky when I get home!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    what the hell is that

+ chips / potatoe
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Tis my friday, red wine tastic!

the end
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er